Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Request Interview For DC/Other Positions
Former #Bears DC Sean Desai interviewed for #Vikings DC job over weekend, per sources. So, new Minnesota coordinator will likely one of these three:

Desai, #Ravens' Anthony Weaver, #Lions' Aubrey Pleasant.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
I wouldn’t be shocked to see them move on from Hunter, especially if they go to a 3-4. He's extremely expensive for a guy who hasn’t played much in a league that’s wired as “what have you done for me lately”. 
I agree with Guru, I think it’s a tough proposition to move to a 3-4 in one year with our personnel. Not impossible, but difficult nonetheless. 
If I were to do it, I would trade Hunter and add some experienced pieces. You could probably add 2-3 good vets with his salary. The key would be finding those Linebackers/standup guys. There will be a couple in free agency, but it’s hard to say how crazy the prices will get this year. The draft may be the place to go, but we could also use a cornerback. The good news draft wise is this draft is awesome for really athletic edge rushers and cornerbacks. 
as much as I enjoy watching Hunter wreck OTs, and QBs,  I dont get much enjoyment out of him being on the IR so much.  IMO if he isnt ready to rework his deal to stay a Vikings,  he is on the market,  if we cant get at least an early day 2 pick for him then maybe roll the dice,  hang onto him, and let him come back and prove his worth before the trade deadline if we are not in contention,  but essentially missing 2 seasons while making top bank,  thats a risk bad return right there as well.

[Image: gc8c5nkb9cm7.jpeg]

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
I thought O'Connell couldn't be involved til after the SB, if so who's interviewing these candidates?? Kwase I guess, just seems you'd want the head coach involved.
I would assume he had a short list that he shared during his interview or shortly thereafter.  Kinda like they had a bunch of HC interviews done for Kwesi to review once he started.

Interesting (and not surprising) they prioritized getting a coordinator for that side of the ball first. 

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I'm told a name to keep an eye on for #Vikings offensive coordinator is indeed Rams passing game coor/TE coach Wes Phillips, Wade's son Was with Kevin O'Connell at Wash 17-18 & Rams 20-21 With Wash when Kirk Cousins there 14-17 But Wes also could be candidate to replace O'Connell

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I'm told a name to keep an eye on for #Vikings offensive coordinator is indeed Rams passing game coor/TE coach Wes Phillips, Wade's son Was with Kevin O'Connell at Wash 17-18 & Rams 20-21 With Wash when Kirk Cousins there 14-17 But Wes also could be candidate to replace O'Connell
Bum would be proud.....

[Image: 1200x0.jpg]

Former Maryland defensive coordinator Brian Stewart is a candidate for the DB coach position on the #Vikings' staff, a source said.

Stewart has worked for 5 NFL teams; succeeded Mike Zimmer as the Cowboys' DC in 2007, and his most recent NFL job was as Lions' DB coach.

It seems we are poaching quite a few coaches from the Lions. I guess the Lions GM and head coach are not that bad after all