Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Sunday?
Quote:@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:Yeah Saturday night would be much better. The only reason I can think they wouldn’t move it is because it might mean less tourism $$$ for the hosting city? People will fly out on Sunday now instead of Monday. I’m grasping at straws though. They should move it!! Do something good for once, Goodell!!!
I think you would see more people flying in a day sooner then though wouldnt you?  I've never been to a host city the week of the SB so I dont really know how much there is to do for the fans prior to the game, but I would think they would just move up what ever they got going on a Saturday to Friday and so on??
There’d be some of that but I think it would still be a net loss for the hosting city. Like dade said it’s gotta be all about money in some fashion. Maybe advertisers will pay more on Sunday night versus Saturday? Who knows, I just know a Saturday Sup Bowl would rule.

Just make Super Bowl Monday a national holiday….  :p 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Hangover day !

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
It should be...

quick google search, 16 million American called in sick on Monday LAST year following the Super Bowl

Vikings vs Chiefs in Super Bowl IV had a 2:40 pm CST kickoff time. I’m not sure when they pushed the start time to after 5pm CST.

But, they used to play it earlier. 
I agree that Saturday would be better for most U.S. residents. However, before I worked shift work I would generally take a day of vacation or just call off.

Now, if I’m scheduled off I watch it, if I’m working I won’t. This year it’s scheduled on my long weekend (7 days) so I’ll watch.

All about ratings. Less people likely to watch TV on Saturdays than Sunday afternoon/evenings. Keep in mind the Super Bowl gets a TON of viewers that normally don't watch football. Its not like a regular season NFL game demographic. Non-traditional football viewers tend to watch the least amount of TV all day on a Saturday (family obligations, being outside, doing hobbies, and then in the evenings going out to bars/dining).