Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Sunday?
Seriously... why does the biggest sporting event of the year take place on a Sunday evening when most people have to get up and go to work the next day?  either make it a 2 or 3 PM start time,   or move it to Saturday night?

[Image: superbowl-should-be-saturday-change-my-m...C499&ssl=1]

Agreed...

Ive always thought it should be on a Saturday or Saturnight...

and just for fun....

[Image: jake-state-farm-patrick-mahomes-aaron-ro...C600&ssl=1]

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Seriously... why does the biggest sporting event of the year take place on a Sunday evening when most people have to get up and go to work the next day?  either make it a 2 or 3 PM start time,   or move it to Saturday night?

[Image: superbowl-should-be-saturday-change-my-m...C499&ssl=1]

A-freaking-men!!!

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Agreed...

Ive always thought it should be on a Saturday or Saturnight...
and actually considering the league wants to try and build their global viewership... its pretty much monday already in a lot of the world.

Unless they change to Saturday night it has to be played on Sunday night.  Otherwise how would they air the 6 hour pregame show?

Agree. It would be much better on Saturday night. And I think it would actually boost viewership (not that this is a problem), but I'm certain it would. The amount of parties would double and bars would rake in even more. 

And I, for one, might actually watch it. 

Yeah Saturday night would be much better. The only reason I can think they wouldn’t move it is because it might mean less tourism $$$ for the hosting city? People will fly out on Sunday now instead of Monday. I’m grasping at straws though. They should move it!! Do something good for once, Goodell!!!

I'm guessing it has something to do with money.  It's just a hunch.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Yeah Saturday night would be much better. The only reason I can think they wouldn’t move it is because it might mean less tourism $$$ for the hosting city? People will fly out on Sunday now instead of Monday. I’m grasping at straws though. They should move it!! Do something good for once, Goodell!!!
I think you would see more people flying in a day sooner then though wouldnt you?  I've never been to a host city the week of the SB so I dont really know how much there is to do for the fans prior to the game, but I would think they would just move up what ever they got going on a Saturday to Friday and so on??