Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre FA draft needs
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
This is a good list. CB and Edge rusher are this most immediate needs. My guess is that if they choose to run it back with a new coaching staff/FO they'll bring P2 back and draft a CB in the first two rounds. I also think Dantzler will be better under a new coaching staff as well. Edge rusher will be a tougher need to fill. 

Edge rusher is interesting. This is a tremendous draft class, but we have so many young, athletic bodies at the position...how do you think that pans out? Wonnum had 8 sacks and heated up as the year went on. Kenny Willikes looked really good in limited playing time. Then you have Patrick Jones and Robinson who we drafted last year who both have the physical tools. I think there is definite potential already in the cupboard, but is it enough to move you off one of these guys in the draft if one falls in your lap? 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
This is a good list. CB and Edge rusher are this most immediate needs. My guess is that if they choose to run it back with a new coaching staff/FO they'll bring P2 back and draft a CB in the first two rounds. I also think Dantzler will be better under a new coaching staff as well. Edge rusher will be a tougher need to fill. 

Edge rusher is interesting. This is a tremendous draft class, but we have so many young, athletic bodies at the position...how do you think that pans out? Wonnum had 8 sacks and heated up as the year went on. Kenny Willikes looked really good in limited playing time. Then you have Patrick Jones and Robinson who we drafted last year who both have the physical tools. I think there is definite potential already in the cupboard, but is it enough to move you off one of these guys in the draft if one falls in your lap? 
The issue with all of those guys are that they're flawed in some manner and if you lose Hunter for any period of time, you're immediately thin. I would take a long look at some of the high-end pass rushers in the 1st round after Hutch/Thibs to see if you like them better than the corners. Ideally in a perfect world you find an every down starter allowing you to use Wonnum in a rotation on the outside and occasionally on the inside. Willikes is a good #4. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

The issue with all of those guys are that they're flawed in some manner and if you lose Hunter for any period of time, you're immediately thin. I would take a long look at some of the high-end pass rushers in the 1st round after Hutch/Thibs to see if you like them better than the corners. Ideally in a perfect world you find an every down starter allowing you to use Wonnum in a rotation on the outside and occasionally on the inside. Willikes is a good #4. 

How do you have the pass rushers stacked? I love Jermaine Johnson as the next in line 

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"Greylock" said:
We need to solidify the RG spot, if it's out of the doghouse Wyatt Davis or a free agent.  Next on the list is CB followed by linebacker.
I seen somewhere that Dallas wants to make a trade with us for Wyatt Davis.
Pretty sad how Zimmer dicked Mond and Davis around just to spite Rick.
If Hill wouldn’t have got hurt how much do you think we would have seen of Darrisaw?

I know in preseason Davidson didn't do anything to help himself. But I am still hoping he can be our second TE. At 6'7", that would be a helluva end zone target.I feel like Wyatt Davis may be our answer at RG.  Sucks that Zimmer put us a year behind on evaluating any of the 21 draft class.

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
@"Norse" said:
@"Greylock" said:
We need to solidify the RG spot, if it's out of the doghouse Wyatt Davis or a free agent.  Next on the list is CB followed by linebacker.
If Hill wouldn’t have got hurt how much do you think we would have seen of Darrisaw?

I know in preseason Davidson didn't do anything to help himself. But I am still hoping he can be our second TE. At 6'7", that would be a helluva end zone target.I feel like Wyatt Davis may be our answer at RG.  Sucks that Zimmer put us a year behind on evaluating any of the 21 draft class.
Well...he only put US behind. I'm sure the team was in eval mode the whole year. Whatever Davis's problem was, he better get it fixed this offseason. 

I think Davidson's got some nice upside if he can break through and get on the field. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"wiviking" said:
@"Norse" said:
@"Greylock" said:

Well...he only put US behind. I'm sure the team was in eval mode the whole year. Whatever Davis's problem was, he better get it fixed this offseason. 

I think Davidson's got some nice upside if he can break through and get on the field. 
yup my spidey senses say this was on him - not coaching. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"wiviking" said:
@"Norse" said:
@"Greylock" said:

100%. As bad as Zim may have been, he would not overrule an OL coach pleading to get the kid on the field. Even Kubiak said he had a lot of work to do in the "offseason." Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to know that means conditioning. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"wiviking" said:
@"Norse" said:
@"Greylock" said:

100%. As bad as Zim may have been, he would not overrule an OL coach pleading to get the kid on the field. Even Kubiak said he had a lot of work to do in the "offseason." Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to know that means conditioning. 
and/or playbook 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"wiviking" said:
@"Norse" said:
@"Greylock" said:

and/or playbook 

...and now he gets to learn a new one, so I wouldn't hold my breath on Davis for next season