Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre FA draft needs
CB, with PP being a free agent and Dantzler being the next best on the roster I think CB is currently the top need on the Vikings. Even if PP wants to return to Min. he is a very short term answer and they clearly need to add a top CB to the roster, I could easliy see the Vikings double dip at the CB position in the 22 draft if they see a project available on day 3.

OLB/Edge, right now the Vikings have 1 top DE and no OLB on the roster (Barr and Vick are both free agents) Griff is almost 100% gone. This will depend on what the new DC wants to play 3/4 vs 4/3... Wonnom was a stand up OLB in college so he could probably move to OLB in a 3/4. Robinson and Jones II are big question marks as we just didn't get to see enough of them.

TE, yes Irv should come back and we all expect him to be big going forward but what is behind him? Conklin had a good 21 season but he is a FA and I don't see the Vikings investing big money in him as a #2. A rookie TE could provide just as much depth at a much lower cap figure. The Vikings have historically done well identifying backup TEs in the later rounds (Conklin 5th, Morgan 6th, Pruitt 5th). Currently Elifson and Davidson are the TEs on the roster that will be fighting for roster spots. TE could easily be a position the Vikings sign a middle of the road FA that could contribute nicely.

S, Smith is at the end and Woods is a FA. Bynum looks to have a future going forward but a S drafted could help this D get better quickly. What if Sauce Gardner goes #1 CB and Stingley and Hamilton are left staring the Vikings in the face at #12? I could see Stingleys last 2 years maleing teams leerey of taking hin this early... Hamilton is a stud that could make the back end special for years, just not sure if they could afford to go S that early.

QB, yes they need to draft one, I just don't see a QB in 22 that is worth a top pick. All the QBs have issues and I'n not going to push all the chips in on a so so prospect with the 1st pick of the new regime.

I see the Draft as D heavy, it needs to get a youth and talent infussion. The offense could trott out the same team they currently have a by better than average, the D looks like a mess.
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Agree with most of this. Agree that CB is our top need. In fact, it would be my #2 need as well. So CB, CB, SLB. Don't think I'd have TE that high. We do need a #2 because Conklin is likely gone, but that can be found in the later rounds. Same with Safety. 

Agree on QB. We need to find a way to keep Cousins until we're ready to push those chips in. At first glance, I think I might be a little higher on this QB class than most. I might change my mind when I get into them further. 

We need to solidify the RG spot, if it's out of the doghouse Wyatt Davis or a free agent.  Next on the list is CB followed by linebacker.

Good list / order:

yes, we need to go defense in the draft - we looked old and slow the last two years.

AMERICA IS ABOUT SPEED...

HOT, NASTY, BAD-ASS SPEED...

-Eleanor Roosevelt

CB and pass rushers are top needs.  You'd like to pencil Danielle in on one side, but he's starting to feel like J.J. Watt...  Wonnum seems best as a rotational pass rusher until he improves against the run.  We're super thin at DE...  maybe even more so than CB.

Since 2014:Vikings OL Pass Protection, Ranking from PFF,

2014 = 23rd
2015 = 28th
2016 = 30th
2017 = 17th
2018 = 27th
2019 = 27th
2020 = 29th
2021 = 27th

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
We need to solidify the RG spot, if it's out of the doghouse Wyatt Davis or a free agent.  Next on the list is CB followed by linebacker.
I seen somewhere that Dallas wants to make a trade with us for Wyatt Davis.
Pretty sad how Zimmer dicked Mond and Davis around just to spite Rick.
If Hill wouldn’t have got hurt how much do you think we would have seen of Darrisaw?

YUP!!

Corners, Corners, LB and DE's....

Maybe grab a S somewhere along the way? We really could use an OG or C too

Maybe they can fill some of this in FA? 
Maybe P2 plays well another year?

In an ideal world we trade down to later in the first and still snag a CB. Trading down nets a 2nd where we grab a DE and G. Third rounder is another CB. After that who knows considering we don't have a 4th

This is a good list. CB and Edge rusher are this most immediate needs. My guess is that if they choose to run it back with a new coaching staff/FO they'll bring P2 back and draft a CB in the first two rounds. I also think Dantzler will be better under a new coaching staff as well. Edge rusher will be a tougher need to fill.