Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryans to interview with the Vikings tomorrow
A lot of us enthused about this interview, especially after last night...But do we want someone with a D or O credential?

Or are there more important leadership qualities to take into account?

And to Guru's point, do you actually lean into someone with a strong D background since that side of this team is the weaker unit?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
How much of the rams D success is Morris,  and how much is having the best defender in the league at DT,  and having the best cover corner on the backside taking away the oppositions best receiver every play?  I question OC candidates that have stud QBs,  I think the same questions are there for DCs with absolute studs on D.
Hell yes players make the coaches...

[Image: tom-brady-bill-belichick-new-england-pat...nology.png]

How much of the rams D success is Morris,  and how much is having the best defender in the league at DT,  and having the best cover corner on the backside taking away the oppositions best receiver every play?  I question OC candidates that have stud QBs,  I think the same questions are there for DCs with absolute studs on D.
If Spielman gave Mike Zimmer Donald, Miller, Vea, and Ramsey on his roster, he would have been in the playoffs and still have a job! 
Maybe the move here is for GM instead of head coach. Give  GM Les Snead a bunch of money.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
A lot of us enthused about this interview, especially after last night...But do we want someone with a D or O credential?

Or are there more important leadership qualities to take into account?

And to Guru's point, do you actually lean into someone with a strong D background since that side of this team is the weaker unit?
I honestly couldn't care less which side of the ball he's on. The team needs a big shift in culture and leadership and that will be more about the man than whether he's an X or an O.  

But we had Barr, by choice no less…!  :p 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

But we had Barr, by choice no less…!  :p 
Thanks for twisting that knife once again

Vikings interview 49ers coordinator DeMeco Ryans a day after victory over PackersRyans, 37, talked with the Vikings on Sunday before preparing the 49ers defense to face the Rams in the NFC Championship Game.The Vikings interviewed 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans on Sunday, the team announced, a day after his defense was the driving force in San Francisco's 13-10 win over the NFC's top-seeded Packers during Saturday's divisional playoff game.

The 49ers will play against the Rams on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game.
The Vikings' internal search team has already interviewed Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon, Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris and Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell.
Ryans, 37, is a former All-Pro linebacker for the Texans who last played for the Eagles in 2015. He just finished his fifth season as a 49ers assistant coach and his first as coordinator after taking over for Robert Saleh, who was hired as Jets head coach last year.
San Francisco's defense improved statistically in Ryans' first season, ranking third in yardage allowed (310/game) and ninth in points allowed (21.5/game) while earning the NFC's sixth seed. They've played especially well when needed most; since falling behind 17-0 to the Rams before halftime of the regular season finale, the 49ers defense has allowed just 3.4 points per quarter in wins against the Rams, Cowboys and Packers.
Follow-up discussions with two general manager candidates are scheduled in Eagan this week. The Vikings will host Browns Vice President of Football Operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah on Tuesday, and Chiefs Executive Director of Player Personnel Ryan Poles on Wednesday.
The Vikings' new general manager will have a hand in deciding the franchise's 10th head coach. Candidates from remaining playoff teams — Ryans, O'Connell, Morris — can't talk again until after conference championships.
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-inte...600138872/