Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woulda Coulda Shoulda on our record
Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
So say 3 plays go differently this year.
Cook doesn't fumble and we win at the Bengals
Joseph doesn't miss and we win at the Cardinals
Goff doesn't complete that throw and we win at the Lions

Everything else plays out exactly as it has.  Terrible meltdowns at the end of games.  Bad defense throughout.  Kirk still shitting the bed under the lights.  Our record is 10-4 and we're tied for the 2nd seed with Green Bay one ahead in the division.
Are we having the same fire Zimmer conversations or is he off the hook for another season or 2?
And yes I'm aware that if you change a few plays the time/space continuum has been blown up but this board is for Viking discussions lol.
One or 2 could have gone the other way also, but its a good point. Mediocrity ye have arrived. 

Its iffy with Zim in most peeps eyes, I’m thinking they get 1 more year to align the stars with KC’s contract. 

As frustrating as the offense can be, the defense has let us down again this year although this league is designed to be high scoring. 

Zim has improved some this year as a HC, he always had the respect of the team. 

Seems NFL is becoming a situational football era, there is so much talent the separation between mediocre and good is negligible   

** edit- Unless you have a transcendent player at the most important poistion such as Erin etc. 
I agree that Zim could get another year. Then, unless the Vikings win the Super Bowl, Zim is gone, and Cousins is gone. The Vikings hardly ever go into full rebuild mode by cutting guys, or letting them walk via free agency, but I’d welcome it.

I think the majority of opinions before the season started was they needed to at least make the NFC Championship Game for him to return. I have wanted him gone since last year so my opinion hasn't changed but if the Vikes were indeed 10-4 then I would bet the opinion would still be NFC Championship Game at a minimum.

To me he has has his chance and then some. It's time to move on.