Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woulda Coulda Shoulda on our record
So say 3 plays go differently this year.
Cook doesn't fumble and we win at the Bengals
Joseph doesn't miss and we win at the Cardinals
Goff doesn't complete that throw and we win at the Lions

Everything else plays out exactly as it has.  Terrible meltdowns at the end of games.  Bad defense throughout.  Kirk still shitting the bed under the lights.  Our record is 10-4 and we're tied for the 2nd seed with Green Bay one ahead in the division.
Are we having the same fire Zimmer conversations or is he off the hook for another season or 2?
And yes I'm aware that if you change a few plays the time/space continuum has been blown up but this board is for Viking discussions lol.

To me its Super Bowl win or he is gone, it would have been par for him with one good year one bad year rotation so it would be status quo.  The fact is you have to beat teams with winning records in the playoffs consecutively and Zimmer has shown he does not know how to prepare the team to do that the entire time he has been here.  I do not think under Zim they have won more than 3 times in a row to winning teams and that has to be done to win the Super Bowl.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:

Everything else plays out exactly as it has.  Terrible meltdowns at the end of games.  Bad defense throughout.  Kirk still shitting the bed under the lights.  Our record is 10-4 and we're tied for the 2nd seed with Green Bay one ahead in the division.
Are we having the same fire Zimmer conversations or is he off the hook for another season or 2?
And yes I'm aware that if you change a few plays the time/space continuum has been blown up but this board is for Viking discussions lol.
I would have fired him years ago so my opinion would not change with your above scenario.  In fact, the scenario has been fully expected.

Coulda shoulda woulda can go both ways! And although, not a popular thought around here, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are no significant changes in the front office or coaching staff for next year.
A couple years ago when it should have happened there were extensions and new contracts for no discernable reason.

One or 2 could have gone the other way also, but its a good point. Mediocrity ye have arrived. 

Its iffy with Zim in most peeps eyes, I’m thinking they get 1 more year to align the stars with KC’s contract. 

As frustrating as the offense can be, the defense has let us down again this year although this league is designed to be high scoring. 

Zim has improved some this year as a HC, he always had the respect of the team. 

Seems NFL is becoming a situational football era, there is so much talent the separation between mediocre and good is negligible   

** edit- Unless you have a transcendent player at the most important poistion such as Erin etc. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

One or 2 could have gone the other way also, but its a good point. Mediocrity ye have arrived. 

Its iffy with Zim in most peeps eyes, I’m thinking they get 1 more year to align the stars with KC’s contract. 

As frustrating as the offense can be, the defense has let us down again this year although this league is designed to be high scoring. 

Seems NFL is becoming a situational football era, there is so much talent the separation between mediocre and good is negligible   

** edit- Unless you have a transcendent player at the most important poistion such as Erin etc. 
I don't think it is "iffy" in most peeps' eyes.... I think, and hope, it is a forgone conclusion that Zimmer is not our HC next year.

Overall, Zim is an average to slightly better than average and we have almost 8 years of proof.  

@"AGRforever" said:

the only IFFY is on Wilf,

IFFY should do it after the next loss,  or IFFY should wait until the end of the season.

I think the key thing to consider is that none of those 3 plays would have mattered if this team was better prepared.  I think we are awfully coached, but I think it is more on the OC.  Our play calling atrocious, we do not play to our teams strengths and we do not try to mask our weaknesses.  It is just absolutely frustrating to watch this much talent on offense be stifled.  

Pretty sure everyone knows my answer. I have been screaming fir him to be fired since the secind half of the saints miracle game. He is old news in the NFL and he can’t keep up anymore.

@"AGRforever" said:

Very aware that if you change those 3 plays there could have been others that had gone differently.  I'm just pointing out that as terrible as we've been this year, imagine if those 3 plays resulted in 3 more victories and we're staring down the 2nd seed with a date with Green Bay to be the top seed in the NFC