Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More on Cousins
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Who is Rick Sosa?  There are way more fans calling for a coaching change than a QB change.
Hmmm can’t agree there. On social media it is pretty anti-cousins.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Who is Rick Sosa?  There are way more fans calling for a coaching change than a QB change.
Hmmm can’t agree there. On social media it is pretty anti-cousins.
more so than calling for a coaching change?  if so then that is further evidence of why I think SM is retarded, and dont waste my time with it.  I am no fan of cousins ( primariy due to his contract demands in relation to what he brings to the table), but anybody screaming louder for cousins head than for a coaching and/or management change.... really doesnt know the game or pay much attention to the actual games.  Cousins has his share of warts,  but the teams failures under zimmer are certainly more significant in what is holding this team back.

I’d agree Jimmy.

The conteact thing is what it is. I can’t begrudge a man for making his money (to a point) Brady gets away with taking less, but there is extreme pressure on people from the union to take what they can in order for others to be able to increase their earning potential in their wake. 

But yes I don’t understand how people can blame cousins and not be equally pissed about the coaching situation. It goes hand in hand. The only thing I can come up with is it is fans not understanding the game. And trolls.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I’d agree Jimmy.

The conteact thing is what it is. I can’t begrudge a man for making his money (to a point) Brady gets away with taking less, but there is extreme pressure on people from the union to take what they can in order for others to be able to increase their earning potential in their wake. 

But yes I don’t understand how people can blame cousins and not be equally pissed about the coaching situation. It goes hand in hand. The only thing I can come up with is it is fans not understanding the game. And trolls.
Well as a diehard Viking fan I am on record as someone that wanted Zimmer gone for a couple seasons.

I don't blame Cousins for that.

This being Cousin's 4th year with us I have come to the conclusion that he isn't good enough.  Some (very few) have it and win games that they shouldn't, and Cousin's doesn't have it.  I am not going by stats or wins and losses I am going by watching him every week for 4 years now and watching/scrutinizing NFL teams for 45+ years.  

The debate on Zimmer essentially started after the Philly debacle but even I would not have moved on from him coming off a NFC champ game.  The following year we struggled and I would have move on then.  But the debate started around the Saints and then Philly.

Up until this season I wanted to think Cousin's was good enough. I always added in quotes "with all the surrounding pieces" and I have now moved to, I do not think he is good enough.

We are stuck with Cousin's contract at $45 next season and it will most likely be with a new HC and probably another new OC.  Of course, I hope he proves me wrong, but Kirk just doesn't have it. I really don't think he strikes fear in any DC, DB etc.  He is excellent when no pressure but life in the NFL, at QB, is all about handling pressure.  It is an allusive quest that only about 5-8 people on the planet possess IMO.  Those 5-8 handle that pressure in different ways so there is no mold.  

I look forward to a new HC next year and would like Cousins to prove me wrong but overall, I foresee a new HC next year and a new QB two years from now.  

If it's an option, I would keep Cousins and get rid of Zimmer. Maybe it's nuts but I don't care. I am just so sick and tired of Zimmer. He tried but he can go enjoy his grandkids and hang out with his girlfriend now. He had a lot of crappy luck in the beginning but it is time to move on.

I still can't fully decide on Cousins as long as I see the "elite" QBs seemingly having eons behind far superior lines, which has been the case watching our QBs for most of the last decade.  I know we've drafted and gone to free agency for OL players, but we can't seem to even crack the mid-pack in terms of QB protection.  On Monday, KC basically got a Chicago mugging for 4 quarters, and our interior O-line looked as bad as I've ever seen it.

That said, Tom Brady sure looked "mortal" with the Aints in his face all game long.

I have said for years the biggest problem on the offense is the line. They have been better at times, not Monday. Cousins is not and has not been the problem.

I agree they need to replace Zimmer, the time has come to shake things up. Probably Spielman too.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
I still can't fully decide on Cousins as long as I see the "elite" QBs seemingly having eons behind far superior lines, which has been the case watching our QBs for most of the last decade.  I know we've drafted and gone to free agency for OL players, but we can't seem to even crack the mid-pack in terms of QB protection.  On Monday, KC basically got a Chicago mugging for 4 quarters, and our interior O-line looked as bad as I've ever seen it.

That said, Tom Brady sure looked "mortal" with the Aints in his face all game long.
None of em do, even the elite's. Their kryptonite is always interior pressure up the middle.  I remember watching those olde Viking vs Packer games at the humpty dome when Favre was still there. The wins only came when we pressured the hell out of him.