Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer done.
And that leaves out last week Trevor Lawrence was asking the coaches to give more carries to James Robinson because Meyer insisted on playing his OSU boy Carlos Hyde over the better back.

Urban Meyer is a dick. Always has been. People have been putting up with this guy's shit for years. He's a horrible person. 

Steve Spurrier is my favorite.  During his first preseason with Washington he blew away his opponents and ran up the stats and score only to find out that preseason success doesn't necessary translate into regular season success. :p =)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
So you're saying he was bad? LOL.

This is what scares me. At one point or another, coaches like Meyer, Petrino, Nagy, Fangio, Rhule, etc, etc were seen as franchise saviors. I'm decidedly FOR moving on from Zimmer, but my God, be careful what you wish for. The failures far outnumber the successes. 
you and me both MB....

Do we get someone serviceable ala Zimmer? Or another Chilly???

Not sure how much I trust the Wilfs to make a good decision tbh. Hopefully their football acumen has grown over time. Key is to get the right GM to make the football decisions --- if they send RS to the street. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Or Frazier... Confused

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
So you're saying he was bad? LOL.

This is what scares me. At one point or another, coaches like Meyer, Petrino, Nagy, Fangio, Rhule, etc, etc were seen as franchise saviors. I'm decidedly FOR moving on from Zimmer, but my God, be careful what you wish for. The failures far outnumber the successes. 
you and me both MB....

Not sure how much I trust the Wilfs to make a good decision tbh. Hopefully their football acumen has grown over time. Key is to get the right GM to make the football decisions --- if they send RS to the street. 

Oh my. I'm hoping and praying that the Wilfs aren't that stupid. Focus on the problem. And it ain't Rick. Are we losing because we just don't have any talent? LOL. No objective person would say yes to that. We're losing because we have a team that seems to piss down its leg when the going gets tough. That's in the head. Mental toughness, preparedness. That's on the HC. 

So many want to "clean house." Why? Because it would feel good? Good decision makers are able to identify where the problem is, and more importantly, where it ISN'T. I could go on for days about this so I'll just leave it at that. 

Rick took a decade to figure out the OL was an issue. His drafting and trading have been ok at best. Name one other GM that has been in his position as long as Rick without at least a conference championship?
He is  the picture of mediocrity.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Rick took a decade to figure out the OL was an issue. His drafting and trading have been ok at best. Name one other GM that has been in his position as long as Rick without at least a conference championship?
He is  the picture of mediocrity.
Not confident in Rick regarding picking qbs in the draft either.