Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Don't Win Tonight-Addendum
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: VQWcT2t4_bigger.jpg]
Mike Zimmer summing up his Vikings: “That team that played in the first half could probably beat anybody. That team that played in the second half could probably get beat by anybody.”

This is why you're done. Cannot get the team to consistently play to it's ability.

Bye, Zim. Enjoy your fertile fields in KY.
I don't think I've ever seen a Viking team look so dominant in games against good teams like Carolina, Green Bay, Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh... and look so pathetic in those same games. 

29-0 late in the 3rd quarter. Totally dominating performance on both sides of the ball. And the game comes down to the final play? AGAIN!??

Obviously, this is not a talent issue. This is a head issue. Coach sets the head. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Mike Zimmer summing up his Vikings: “That team that played in the first half could probably beat anybody. That team that played in the second half could probably get beat by anybody.”

This is why you're done. Cannot get the team to consistently play to it's ability.

I don't think I've ever seen a Viking team look so dominant in games against good teams like Carolina, Green Bay, Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh... and look so pathetic in those same games. 

29-0 late in the 3rd quarter. Totally dominating performance on both sides of the ball. And the game comes down to the final play? AGAIN!??

Obviously, this is not a talent issue. This is a head issue. Coach sets the head. 

I've waffled back to Rick stays. Definitely not a talent issue. 

Quote:@JustinTime18™
I've waffled back to Rick stays. Definitely not a talent issue. 
Well, no need for me to weigh in on that one. I've said it before and I'll say it a hundred more times: firing Rick would be the biggest mistake this franchise has made since the Walker trade. 

Focus on the PROBLEM. And it ain't the GM. In fact, it's exactly because Zimmer has been given everything he could possibly want that his performance stands out as a failure. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

I was going to post the exact same thing...I cant remember a Viking team so streaky in two halves of football so often during the season. 

Ever.

This isn't just a head issue, but the opposing coaches playing better chess than our staff.  

Back in my day Zimmer’s defense would give up some points in the first quarter then settle in, make adjustments, and start to control the game. Recent seasons it’s been almost exactly the opposite. I don’t know why that is but you know it’s bad when we’re up 29 points and the lead doesn’t feel safe.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: j3r4neb04wg7.jpeg]
That’s  one of my fav quotes.