Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFB Championship Saturday
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Hawkeyes have a wonderful D, some stud OL and (of course) another 1st or 2nd round talent @ TE.

They're also saddled with some of the worst QB'ing I've seen in a championship game along with an antiquated offensive approach to football in 2021. I hated their offensive play calling last night. 

Agree with Savie, they wont pit Bama vs Georgia early on - but save it for the NCG. I dont see Michigan or Cinn pulling an upset over either SEC team. 

That final 4 does nothing for me as a fan. 
Very similar to the Gophers offensively IMO.
Agreed...

And Fleck just fired his OC too.

OTOH, I guess one might argue they're executing a scheme based on where the talent is they can recruit. 
Gophers hopefully can recruit a real QB for the first time in my life, and another bateman and johnson.

Nakobe Dean & Damone Clark. 

The playoffs are set, as most have predicted:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

2021-22 College Football Playoff Semifinals
Cotton Bowl: No. 1 Alabama (12-1) vs. No. 4 Cincinnati (13-0)
Orange Bowl: No. 2 Michigan (12-1) vs. No. 3 Georgia (12-1)

The Orange Bowl could be a really great game..

I'm a Wolverines fan, but I'm with you PF: the odds are for a Georgia-Alabama rematch. But what gives me some hope is how Michigan handled Ohio State, a team loaded with talent like Georgia and Alabama. And a really good QB. Gattis, their new O-Coordinator, puts just enough tricks and gadgets into the offense to keep teams honest. Like you say, it could be great. Or we will really see the difference in talent with Alabama and Georgia dominating both games. I think that is possible as well.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I'm a Wolverines fan, but I'm with you PF: the odds are for a Georgia-Alabama rematch. But what gives me some hope is how Michigan handled Ohio State, a team loaded with talent like Georgia and Alabama. And a really good QB. Gattis, their new O-Coordinator, puts just enough tricks and gadgets into the offense to keep teams honest. Like you say, it could be great. Or we will really see the difference in talent with Alabama and Georgia dominating both games. I think that is possible as well.

Jawga (as Savvie would say) is going to come out all fired-up after blowing it vs Bama...But Michigan has enough athletes to make it  a potentially great game. 

Harbaugh as coach would make me nervous if I were you  :p

@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Jawga (as Savvie would say) is going to come out all fired-up after blowing it vs Bama...But Michigan has enough athletes to make it  a potentially great game. 

Harbaugh as coach would make me nervous if I were you  :p
I actually think Jim Harbaugh is a pretty good coach. And this is probably a more athletically gifted Michigan team than in awhile. But.....Alabama and Georgia have elite athletes almost everywhere. 

The Michigan?Georgia game will have better TV ratings than a championship game with 2 SEC teams, especially the same 2 that will have just played. This playoff system is broken.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Hawkeyes have a wonderful D, some stud OL and (of course) another 1st or 2nd round talent @ TE.

They're also saddled with some of the worst QB'ing I've seen in a championship game along with an antiquated offensive approach to football in 2021. I hated their offensive play calling last night. 

Agree with Savie, they wont pit Bama vs Georgia early on - but save it for the NCG. I dont see Michigan or Cinn pulling an upset over either SEC team. 

That final 4 does nothing for me as a fan. 
Very similar to the Gophers offensively IMO.
Agreed...

And Fleck just fired his OC too.

OTOH, I guess one might argue they're executing a scheme based on where the talent is they can recruit. 
Gophers hopefully can recruit a real QB for the first time in my life, and another bateman and johnson.
Tanner Morgan >>> Spencer Petras.  At least Morgan has showed he can produce on occasion.  Petras at his best looks like every decision nearly fries his brain.  

Iowa keeps bumping into their recruiting ceiling, but I think the Gophers could go higher in the future.