Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same as a month ago we are init
Quote: @Kentis said:
What are the odds if the Niners beat us like a government mule…?  Wink 
I haven't heard that term in so long.....not going to look up, Ok I might have to.  Is it related to a moscow mule with ginger and other crap

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
If the Vikings beat San Fran next Sunday, they'll be a 82% lock to make the playoffs. 
I dont care what those odds say. This team has had a 7 point lead in every game this year, yet sit at 5-5. Do we really feel 82% confident of making the playoffs with 6 games remaining, assuming we are 6-5? 
The simple answer is no. But teams are constantly in flux. The Tampa team that won the Super Bowl last year was a completely different team than the one that was playing in November. 

Bucs lost 3 of 4 in November, including a 38-3 blowout loss to a pretty crappy Saints team. What happened? They got healthy and they got hot down the stretch. 

That's my hope for the Vikings: get healthy, get hot and become the team we've only seen in glimpses so far this year. 

Every year in the NFL, its not how you start, its how you finish. Look at how strong Buffalo started, many considered them the top team in the AFC, now they are only one game better than Minnesota's record and clinging to a wildcard playoff spot. Lots of football to be played and the teams that want into the playoffs are going to need to keep winning, but at least we've got some entertainment and competitiveness for the stretch run.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
If the Vikings beat San Fran next Sunday, they'll be a 82% lock to make the playoffs. 
I dont care what those odds say. This team has had a 7 point lead in every game this year, yet sit at 5-5. Do we really feel 82% confident of making the playoffs with 6 games remaining, assuming we are 6-5? 
The simple answer is no. But teams are constantly in flux. The Tampa team that won the Super Bowl last year was a completely different team than the one that was playing in November. 

Bucs lost 3 of 4 in November, including a 38-3 blowout loss to a pretty crappy Saints team. What happened? They got healthy and they got hot down the stretch. 

That's my hope for the Vikings: get healthy, get hot and become the team we've only seen in glimpses so far this year. 
Right, that's my hope too. Just saying that as a Vikings fan, and particularly this year, nothing is safe with this team. I would love to see them get in and get a favorable seed, but in no way would I start talking about "Who we are going to face in the playoffs" should we beat the Niners this weekend. It's sad I feel that way, but we have all seen this horror film before.

Quote: @Kentis said:
I think the 9ers are the "other team" that's better than their record.  They have a very strong running game that could push us around with a QB that can throw just enough darts to burn teams stacking the box.  Their D is also playing very well now against the run and pass.  The 9ers are a very confident team right now.

If the Vikes manage to win in San Fran, it will be because they earned it and should leave there with heads held up high.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Kentis said:
I think the 9ers are the "other team" that's better than their record.  They have a very strong running game that could push us around with a QB that can throw just enough darts to burn teams stacking the box.  Their D is also playing very well now against the run and pass.  The 9ers are a very confident team right now.

If the Vikes manage to win in San Fran, it will be because they earned it and should leave there with heads held up high.
Totally agree.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
until we lose 2-3 more conference games. Likely we lose to Rams and Pack on road. We might not need the Pack game if we take care of business against teams we should beat. 

We are better than our record. This coaching staff has finally taken the leash all the way off and we are playing to our level of talent. 

Pack, Boys, Rams , Cards are class of NFC. 
The Rams are one game that I think we will definitely win, they are very overrated, just got crushed by the 49ers, Stafford was a big reason why we got two wins every year and I do not see anything changing.  Cowboys are another overrated team.  There is not a dominant team in the NFC, I think the two teams that are most likely to be there are the Bucs and Cards.  

We can definitely play with anyone and agree with our record, we should be at least 7-3, our offense can be dominant, but we just do not have a championship defense, outside of Kendricks, we do not have someone who you can count on to bring it every week.  Watts has a lot of promise as well as Bynum and hopefully they both get to play more consistently.  

Who's going to get hot in December???

My $$ is on the Bucs vs Pack for NFCCG

Thoroughly enjoyed the Packer game, anticipating back to mediocre ways in San Francisco this week. Make me a believer Vikings, not a prognosticator. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Bullazin said:
until we lose 2-3 more conference games. Likely we lose to Rams and Pack on road. We might not need the Pack game if we take care of business against teams we should beat. 

We are better than our record. This coaching staff has finally taken the leash all the way off and we are playing to our level of talent. 

Pack, Boys, Rams , Cards are class of NFC. 
The Rams are one game that I think we will definitely win, they are very overrated, just got crushed by the 49ers, Stafford was a big reason why we got two wins every year and I do not see anything changing.  Cowboys are another overrated team.  There is not a dominant team in the NFC, I think the two teams that are most likely to be there are the Bucs and Cards.  

We can definitely play with anyone and agree with our record, we should be at least 7-3, our offense can be dominant, but we just do not have a championship defense, outside of Kendricks, we do not have someone who you can count on to bring it every week.  Watts has a lot of promise as well as Bynum and hopefully they both get to play more consistently.  
As you touch on Watts is playing well.  Prolly the most exciting thing defensively is we are slowing if not stopping the run much better, which is a hallmark of good teams. Tomlinson, Watts and even Lynch have been playing the run well. 

this next game will be interesting.