Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to get roasted, but Cousins deserves some shit
It truly is the perfect storm. Kubiak isn't doing him any favors with his play calls and passing schemes. He needs to put Cousins in the best position to have success and make plays within his abilities. Last year's success came when he was under center, not in shotgun. Last night, he was in shotgun a ton and the Cowboys exploited our weak OLine up the middle to disrupt our passing game as play action can't be utilized to disguise what you are running. The routes designed in last nights game plan seemed to completely ignore the pressure he was under and were designed as if he had all day to let them develop. Kubiak didn't seem to make any adjustments. It appeared he was just throwing shit plays at the wall to see what would stick without having any real strategy to exploit the Cowboys where they are vulnerable on Defense. There was very little of our passing attack down the middle of the field where the Cowboy's D is suspect. Even out TE routes were all designed to go to Flat. Kubiak is in over his head. Once again, we let the wrong coach get away(Stefanski) in favor of this antiquated Leadership group of Coaches running this team into the ground. 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
[Image: 8smoxgye7kis.png]
I heard depth of target was 4 for Cousins and 10 for Rush.

He is the king of checkdowns. So many time we need 5 for a first down, and throw a two yard pass.....and dont make it. Contantly throwing behind the line isnt working.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
It truly is the perfect storm. Kubiak isn't doing him any favors with his play calls and passing schemes. He needs to put Cousins in the best position to have success and make plays within his abilities. Last year's success came when he was under center, not in shotgun. Last night, he was in shotgun a ton and the Cowboys exploited our weak OLine up the middle to disrupt our passing game as play action can't be utilized to disguise what you are running. The routes designed in last nights game plan seemed to completely ignore the pressure he was under and were designed as if he had all day to let them develop. Kubiak didn't seem to make any adjustments. It appeared he was just throwing shit plays at the wall to see what would stick without having any real strategy to exploit the Cowboys where they are vulnerable on Defense. There was very little of our passing attack down the middle of the field where the Cowboy's D is suspect. Even out TE routes were all designed to go to Flat. Kubiak is in over his head. Once again, we let the wrong coach get away(Stefanski) in favor of this antiquated Leadership group of Coaches running this team into the ground. 
Can't put him under center when your center is rag dolled on a regular basis. While I agree that Cousins seems to be polarizing, his skill set is above average in almost every category. Scheme, constant change in coordinators, and long term failure to fix the O-line has held this offense back more than any of Cousins' shortcomings.

Why pay 84 mil to a guy that needs everything to be near perfect for him to succeed? Thats the kind of money you pay to someone to elevate the play of everyone around them. When you dedicate a good chunk of your cap to one player you cant upgrade everyone around him to make him play better. There are more spits yo upgrade than just offense. That is the delima we find ourselves with since we signed Cousins 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
I get the bad playcalling, bad defense, bad scheme, bad pass pro, etc. 

But I still see Cousins shitting himself on what I call dagger throws - no killer instinct last night.  He killed it last game going to KJ in OT.  Good, that's my expectation. 

He has JJ WIDE OPEN on an out and up where the DB falls before ball is thrown, and still overthrows him.  Yes he hesitated for a heartbeat but christ I'm sick of our QB missing these easy ones.  Anyone watching all-22 can see that's not the only one either.  

35 pass attempts for 184 yards.  

Not saying bench him, or trade him.  But he just doesn't play winning football consistently enough.   It's like a disease that starts with the GM to HC to QB.  Leadership starts at the top, none of these guys are it.   
JJ gave up on that route, or at least misjudged the ball in the air.  He slowed down and then tried to dive for it.  That incompletion wasn't on Cousins.

maybe not on that one but fer cris$ sakes even throwing quick dumps to wrs or rbs spread out when the lb has it read all the way and we still stick to a pass 3 yds behind los.

or launching it 5 feet over the te on an easy comp.