Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to get roasted, but Cousins deserves some shit
I get the bad playcalling, bad defense, bad scheme, bad pass pro, etc. 

But I still see Cousins shitting himself on what I call dagger throws - no killer instinct last night.  He killed it last game going to KJ in OT.  Good, that's my expectation. 

He has JJ WIDE OPEN on an out and up where the DB falls before ball is thrown, and still overthrows him.  Yes he hesitated for a heartbeat but christ I'm sick of our QB missing these easy ones.  Anyone watching all-22 can see that's not the only one either.  

35 pass attempts for 184 yards.  

Not saying bench him, or trade him.  But he just doesn't play winning football consistently enough.   It's like a disease that starts with the GM to HC to QB.  Leadership starts at the top, none of these guys are it.   

Who would roast you for this take haha? He played terrible last night. Whole team did. 

On the broadcast they said he doesn’t have a 4th quarter TD pass all season. For a team that’s been in close games every week, that’s dreadful.

Because I've been vocal about it all season, even when Cousins stat line looks great.  And while he has played better to an extent this season by cutting down on the classic KC WTF turnovers, he is still missing the kill shot opportunities,  playing like a pussy padding his stats instead of trying to win the game.

I had hoped the playoff win vs Saints helped him turn the corner.  It hasn't.   It was the lone exception to his career of shitting the bed when the lights are brightest.  Redskins let him walk, without anything better behind him.  Think about that.

Nearly identical records there and here, yet IMO we have had a better roster than they did and we are getting the same results. 

He is like a healthy Sam Bradford.  Live arm, very accurate, good stats but doesn't get you any better than 8-9 wins.  

The play last night that defines Cousins was a 3rd down pass that he had a wide open Conklin with room to run who would have easily gotten the first down and put us in scoring position.  He was rolling that way and it was an easy short pass that he must have thrown 5 feet over his head, instead of being upset with himself or upset that we did not get the first he immediately starts blaming another WR on the other side of the field who he felt ran the wrong route.  

He is really frustrating cause he is one of the most physically gifted QBs we have had, but he is not a team leader, does not play to win and just doesn't seem like a really bright guy from a football standpoint.  I don't see him as someone putting in more work than required, that football is a game and a way for him to support his family and it is not something he is really passionate about.  

Hell to the yeah. Everyone does pretty much. I am not a hater but come on now. Also we have rehashed the OL issues and playcalling but you have to examine each area. The defense is also an issue but Zimmer has got to go. To get beat by a backup even when the refs gave out some gifts is completely and utterly unacceptable. This is absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing. I am over it. I don't want to hear anymore about being afraid of who are we going to get, fresh perspective is needed.

I've been more impressed with Kirk this year than at any time during his Viking career, but last night he turned back into turtle Kirk, scaredy-Kirk, whatever you want to call it.  Dallas clearly got pressure in his face that rattled him and all the old bad habits emerged.   He is what he is, a mid-tier guy getting a top-tier salary and he only can take things so far.   We don't have the robust defense and great coaching around him that might make the team capable of being a contender and nothing about this season has changed my opinion on that, it's been my opinion for a number of years.

In today's NFL you cannot get an early score and decide to sit on it for 52 minutes.  You need to get up 3 or more scores before you even start to think about conservative offense.   Mike Zimmer can't realize that.  Heck, he can't realize he is calling a 2nd t.o. in a row late in a game that matters to the team, his career, everything.  He's a rusted, oil-leaking Chevelle in a league full of Ferarris.   

[Image: ifu0e69qlqz1.jpeg]
It’s time…  Confused 

Cousins isn't perfect and he acts like many QBs do with pressure: horribly. I think his arm is underrated, but when he's pressured and has to move around you see the arm isn't strong. It limits him. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Cousins isn't perfect and he acts like many QBs do with pressure: horribly. I think his arm is underrated, but when he's pressured and has to move around you see the arm isn't strong. It limits him. 
I think he has all the physical tools needed to win at the highest levels. 
I also think he has almost no leadership/moxie/it factor to go with that. 

[Image: 8smoxgye7kis.png]