Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-4
Quote: @"medaille" said:
I don’t think we are in a rebuilding situation really.  I think we are looking more for a guy who can
provide the spark to win with the guys we have.

At this point I’d start shopping Cousins to see what offers
are on the table.  I don’t think it makes
sense to fire Zimmer midseason, but I’d start looking at candidates for next
season.

I think younger and more aggressive seem to be the
attributes I’d be looking for.

What makes you think we can win with any one of these new kids throwing the ball?  All the QB's drafted this year suck so far.  Why get rid of the best guy at the most important position that we've had in a decade?

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I don’t think we are in a rebuilding situation really.  I think we are looking more for a guy who can

season.

you have to move Zimmer out,  if you want to really see what you have in players you need to see coaches coaching for their future,  and ones that arent handcuffed with Zimmers vision of how the game should be played/coached.  If we are serious about seeing a return ( or really any interest ) on Cousins,  IMO we need to be willing to eat 10 to 15 of next years salary.  I wonder what the Saints would be willing to give up for him right now?

I go along with a rebuild,  since many of our guys are on 1 year deals, and any new regime will need a year or two to get their shit together,  we need to move on from aging playes or guys that might have value now,  but not much left in the tank in 23/24 ( i am thinking Cook right here)  

Outside of Kendricks, Barr there isnt much special over on D anymore. Some nice pieces - very few "big knockers" as Burnsie would say. 

Man, anyone watch Micah Parsons last night? Viking need them some guys like that again. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"medaille" said:

season.

What makes you think we can win with any one of these new kids throwing the ball?  All the QB's drafted this year suck so far.  Why get rid of the best guy at the most important position that we've had in a decade?
My historical take on QBs is pretty much this:  Keep bringing new guys in every other year until
you find an elite QB.  Don’t get rid of
your QB until the next QB beats him out. 
Keep rotating young cheap QBs until you find the right one.  I think you know with high confidence that
Cousins is not Good Enough to take us deep in the playoffs.  His ceiling is probably one playoff win, but
he’s guaranteed to have an off game if he has to win several in a row against playoff
caliber teams.  It’s out of character for
me to suggest replacing him outright without knowing that Mond is average
rather than sucks.  If I was the coaching
staff, and was looking at Mond every day. 
If he looked average, I would start the process of moving on.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:

season.

you have to move Zimmer out,  if you want to really see what you have in players you need to see coaches coaching for their future,  and ones that arent handcuffed with Zimmers vision of how the game should be played/coached.  If we are serious about seeing a return ( or really any interest ) on Cousins,  IMO we need to be willing to eat 10 to 15 of next years salary.  I wonder what the Saints would be willing to give up for him right now?

I go along with a rebuild,  since many of our guys are on 1 year deals, and any new regime will need a year or two to get their shit together,  we need to move on from aging playes or guys that might have value now,  but not much left in the tank in 23/24 ( i am thinking Cook right here)  
I think we know exactly what we have in almost all our players.  I think the only real question mark is Mond.  If we were to trade Cousins, either this
season or next, we would definitely need to eat some of his 2022 salary.  I’d imagine we’d eat 15-20M of his 2022
salary and hope to get 2 firsts back from a team.  We’d still be on the low end of salary for QBs.  I don’t think this is a rebuild.  I don’t think we get rid of players to try
and open things up down the road.  The
only way this is a rebuild is if Mond sucks bad.

I think there’s a low percentage chance that a more
aggressive QB + Zimmer could be enough to get us over the hump, and a low
percentage chance that a more aggressive offensive coach + Cousins could be
enough to get us over the hump.  That
said, I’d rather see us be aggressive on both fronts.

If they go with significantly different schemes, they may need to re-tool the roster quite a bit. 

They still have TEN games to go this year - ugh

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
If they go with significantly different schemes, they may need to re-tool the roster quite a bit. 

10 games that right now they will be lucky to win 3.  Its time to quit fucking around in hopes that the lights come on for (insert favorite kicked can here) , or the OL gels,  or the DL gets healthy, or the  or the or the.  This shit has to end in order to get something better.  Its become pretty damn obvious that the current plan is a bad one and has no flexibility built in. (somebody told me once "all good plans are flexible",  truer words were never spoken IMO)

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"medaille" said:

season.

What makes you think we can win with Kirk? We’ve stunk or been at best average the whole time he’s been here. May as well get cheaper at the position if we aren’t gonna win anyway. Dallas, New Orleans, NYJ, CLE, and SEA have all won and gotten better play from their backup QBs in just the past week than we got from Kirk last night.

The Vikings need a fresh start and that includes QB.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

What have I done to deserve 10 more games.  I mean I do have a few skeletons in my backyard and do play rambo/militia man on the weekends when I should be home with my 5 kids and their 5 moms but seriously 10 more games of this crap....I might start a march or a peaceful demonstration/riot instead anyone in?  I am banned on all other sites so we would need to communicate through some sort of code...let's use our offensive game planas our base code.  When I say Cousins screen to Ham...I really mean, I'll meet you at the stadium.  Not sure which one yet so let's talk further.