Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-4
Looks like the beginning of the end, and not just for this season. Cousins has been on the team how long and Z has been coaching the Vikings since when and THIS is what we have NOW? Its time for a fresh approach, new eyes to look at the roster and new strategy moving forward. Zimmer has had his chance. And for the sake of starting over, Spielman should probably go as well. 

Its not like Stefanski in Cleveland or Paton in Denver is lighting it up, either. I'm not pining for any of those guys. Go get the HC/GM duo that is ready to be aggressive and do what it takes to win in today's NFL.

If this is what the fans want,  start today but don't put a toe in,  really commit to the rebuild and trade assets on short term deals and players that will have short careers and can bring some real value.   What would Cook bring on trade today?  Harry, Barr, maybe even AT.  If they aren't going to be here for the next run or will be beyond their prime they should be in play IMO.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
If this is what the fans want,  start today but don't put a toe in,  really commit to the rebuild and trade assets on short term deals and players that will have short careers and can bring some real value.   What would Cook bring on trade today?  Harry, Barr, maybe even AT.  If they aren't going to be here for the next run or will be beyond their prime they should be in play IMO.
It'll be interesting to see if they gut the roster or not, my guess is they won't although they probably should. I don't have anything hardcore against Rick, but he was promoted to general manager in 2012 after spending 2006–2011 as the team's vice president of player personnel. 15 years being involved with picking players at some level in Minnesota. He's done well in some areas, ok in others and not great in a few: it probably could be said for most NFL GMs outside of the blatantly horrible ones. It might be just time for someone different in that role when Zimmer gets ousted. Get a duo of HC/GM that know of each other, are aligned with how to move forward and will be aggressive and on trend with today's NFL. 

They got to try something,  this shit isn't working.

They're not only bad, they're boring.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
They're not only bad, they're boring.
That might be worse in today's NFL with younger fans. 

We will lose talented offensive players like we did Percy and Diggs. They just got feed up with our vanilla conservative offense.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

To me, the only guys I wouldn't trade are Jefferson, Irv Smith and our OL on offense and Hunter, Kendricks on defense.
However, Zim is going to want to win to save his job so I doubt anyone is available for future consideration.

Even if the Vikings somehow string together some upset wins and get to the playoffs.  No way in hell they are a Super Bowl team.

I don’t think we are in a rebuilding situation really.  I think we are looking more for a guy who can
provide the spark to win with the guys we have.

At this point I’d start shopping Cousins to see what offers
are on the table.  I don’t think it makes
sense to fire Zimmer midseason, but I’d start looking at candidates for next
season.

I think younger and more aggressive seem to be the
attributes I’d be looking for.