Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Martyr Kirk
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 0y5xh6nmghq4.jpeg]

Saw that yesterday.  Is it really a Canada Goose?  We've always said Canadian Goose? Or more often a Canadian honker. 
We have always said Canadian geese. Interesting.

Canadian Geese would be plural.  But Canadian Honkers is what my entire extended family calls them.  Maybe we're a weird offshoot of some English dialect? 
They aren't Canadian, that is for people that live in Canada. Individually they are Canada goose.  so plural is Canada geese.  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Saw that yesterday.  Is it really a Canada Goose?  We've always said Canadian Goose? Or more often a Canadian honker. 

Canadian Geese would be plural.  But Canadian Honkers is what my entire extended family calls them.  Maybe we're a weird offshoot of some English dialect? 
There is a restaurant where I grew up called the Canadian Honker. Such delicious food. I am sticking with Canadian geese or goose depending on the number but I like Canadian Honkers too.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
I am vaccinated and I consider myself a liberal.  Just putting that forward because I think Kirk is in a novel situation given the household he was raised in.  His father is certainly an anti-vaxer.  I can (sort of) understand Kirk's hesitancy in that becoming vaccinated would be a repudiation of the type of faith his father nurtured in him.  When his father was diagnosed with cancer, he said "I don't have any anxiety. I have peace."  Compare that to what Kirk said about the virus: "Even if I die — if I die, I die. I kind of have peace about that."  Look, I don't agree with Cousin's position but I can understand why he is the way he is.  I think it is unfortunate, I think he (and his father) are likely to come down with Covid in the next few months.  This "faith" is part of Cousins and he is willing to lose sponsorships, etc. to support his father.   Hard cold facts are not going to move Kirk away from his father's belief system that has been instilled in him since birth.  

I do think this will open a pandora's box of issues for Cousins.  His father holds a lot of -- frankly -- racist beliefs.  He believes Satan is behind textbook changes, cancel culture, confederate statue removal, and the Black Lives Matter movement.  I am surprised that Cousins has not been asked more questions about his father's beliefs and that it has not become more of an issue within the locker room.
It's actually confirming to me that KC is who he appears to be given his dad's beliefs and how vocal he is in preaching to those who'll listen. 

IF anyone still had any question on why the best WR in football wanted to leave the Vikings, they dont need to "Ponder that" much more. 

Frankly, I dont see the KC era in MN going on much longer. 

Smart fans will be watching for the Vikings to take a QB quite high in 2022 draft. 

i would say smart fans were expecting that prior to his vaccination stance,  his contract expectations have never met up to his play on the field and that is why the team needs to focus more on drafting his replacement and less on trying to fit him under the cap going forward IMO.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
I am vaccinated and I consider myself a liberal.  Just putting that forward because I think Kirk is in a novel situation given the household he was raised in.  His father is certainly an anti-vaxer.  I can (sort of) understand Kirk's hesitancy in that becoming vaccinated would be a repudiation of the type of faith his father nurtured in him.  When his father was diagnosed with cancer, he said "I don't have any anxiety. I have peace."  Compare that to what Kirk said about the virus: "Even if I die — if I die, I die. I kind of have peace about that."  Look, I don't agree with Cousin's position but I can understand why he is the way he is.  I think it is unfortunate, I think he (and his father) are likely to come down with Covid in the next few months.  This "faith" is part of Cousins and he is willing to lose sponsorships, etc. to support his father.   Hard cold facts are not going to move Kirk away from his father's belief system that has been instilled in him since birth.  

I do think this will open a pandora's box of issues for Cousins.  His father holds a lot of -- frankly -- racist beliefs.  He believes Satan is behind textbook changes, cancel culture, confederate statue removal, and the Black Lives Matter movement.  I am surprised that Cousins has not been asked more questions about his father's beliefs and that it has not become more of an issue within the locker room.
It's actually confirming to me that KC is who he appears to be given his dad's beliefs and how vocal he is in preaching to those who'll listen. 

IF anyone still had any question on why the best WR in football wanted to leave the Vikings, they dont need to "Ponder that" much more. 

Frankly, I dont see the KC era in MN going on much longer. 

Smart fans will be watching for the Vikings to take a QB quite high in 2022 draft. 

Exactly. Diggs called out a bunch of bs. I know some people didn't like how he called it out but there it is. I guess someone else is going to have to say it a nice and delicate tone in order for the message to get through. I don't want to lose Jefferson due to the nonsense. The philosophy of the offense needs to improve. The OL as usual is still an issue. Maybe Kubiak Jr. learned from Stefanski as well as dad. 
diggs is a diva bitch, he left because the spotlight wasnt his alone.  even if Cousins had never came here, Diggs would have still found a reason to want out.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

They aren't Canadian, that is for people that live in Canada. Individually they are Canada goose.  so plural is Canada geese.  
unless the geese in question originated from canada, then they would be candian canada geese.  :p

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

There is a restaurant where I grew up called the Canadian Honker. Such delicious food. I am sticking with Canadian geese or goose depending on the number but I like Canadian Honkers too.
You grow up in Rochester?  I ate at a restaurant with that name in Rochester a few years ago, excellent food!

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

You grow up in Rochester?  I ate at a restaurant with that name in Rochester a few years ago, excellent food!
Yeah I spent some time down there. Small world.