Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appears that Cousins has gotten the shot
Local hospital:  72 total covid patients, 63 unvacinated, 9 vaccinated. 22/72 in ICU. All vents are being used. 

Our county is ~38% vacinated though we are the landing spot for a couple rural areas.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Testimonials like this can be effective. 

https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status...45156?s=20
will they though?  IMO only first hand experience will change peoples minds on this.  if their friends or loved ones have a bad experience,  that I think will be what it takes,  and most likely it will happen eventually, of course there will be those that compare themselves to that person and find a reason why that person had a bad go and that they likely wouldnt.
Testimonials are, by far, the most effective tool marketers use to convince someone to take some kind of action. Will it convince the vaccine=communism crowd? Of course not. But will it convince some of the vaccine-hesitant? You bet it will. Why? Because this isn't the government; this isn't the media. This is someone just like you. What's more, she comes off as honest and unrehearsed...genuine. We need more of this. 
I agree far more effective than snarky comments by the pro-vax crowd and yes I was vax as soon as possible in my community.
Snark is understandable. Granted, not effective, but understandable. Hell, RAGE is understandable. 
not really,  not any more.  once it was established that even the vaccinated can catch it, transmit it,  and can create variants themselves... whats it hurting most people if there are unvaccinated?  if you dont want to get a vaccination its really just yourself or your loved ones that are at a greater risk of being hurt.  yes it sucks for the hospitals getting over run,  but that will resolve itself in time...

Thats not true.  There is a 7.5% chance you'll need hospitalization if you catch Covid.  That is 7.5% that take up hospital resources both from covid and non-covid patients in hospitals that are already over, at or near capacity.
The R0 for the delta variant is estimated to be 8.  Meaning for every person infected 8 will be infected by that person.  Its not hard to run a forward progression and see that our national healthcare system will collapse under those conditions a whole lot sooner then anyone wants to admit. 

You're chance of catching/needing hospitalization/death all decrease significantly if vaccinated. 
That seems familiar, can't quite seem to put my finger on it, but it has the smell of recycled fear.

Glad you are a mod and cracking down on misinformation, where would this country be without folk like you.
whaa fucking waaa

your go to whine about mods being mean to the troll.  Rings about as hollow as the rest of your arguments.

Gomer introduces each snake oil remedy to teen applause as if they're celebrities being nominated for an award. Such weird freaking people man. 

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/14314...71746?s=20