Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence grows a pair...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
Gotta love the faux love for pence from the people who mocked him at every turn.
Notta lotta luv from me. We share few personal values Mr Pence and I. Both love our country though. 

I'll bet you and I agree on this; that he's worthy of an accolade.

Worthy for the simple reason of having the conviction to be a near singular voice of sanity during the fiery end of a short-lived regime.
I guess we are supposed to pick sides and stay entrenched regardless. I don't see any 'love' for Pence, what Im seeing is some that agree with what he said here. Like you say, he's just worthy of an accolade. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
Gotta love the faux love for pence from the people who mocked him at every turn.
Notta lotta luv from me. We share few personal values Mr Pence and I. Both love our country though. 

I'll bet you and I agree on this; that he's worthy of an accolade.

Worthy for the simple reason of having the conviction to be a near singular voice of sanity during the fiery end of a short-lived regime.
If you dig deep into the bowels of Sensitive Topics, you'll see that I've been saying the same thing about Pence for 5 years. In terms of public policy, we couldn't be further apart. But he was the only sane man on the ticket. 

The 2016 election was not about politics as usual (neither was 2020).  It wasn't about left v. right, blue v. red or dem v. republican. It wasn't about policy at all. It was about keeping (and then removing) an imbecile from the White House. 

I'll argue all day long against Pence's policy on abortion, about Bush's foreign policy, about Romney's marriage policy, about McCain's tax policy, but at the end of the day, you're debating POLICY, not whether or not our democracy can survive the delusional shenanigans of a malignant narcissist. 

Pretty big difference there. 

Yeah, no one ever mocked Pence for any of his personal beliefs.  It was all about policy.  

/sarcasm

Pence is party of the central party. They pretend to fight about certain policies and trade power now and again.  But they are all about big govt, taxes, wars and screwing the people.