Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juicy Lucy
Hmmm, going to MSP in July, think I'll give the Juicy Lucy burger a try!  Is Matt’s B&G on Cedar ave in a safe neighborhood?  Not familiar with southern Minneapolis neighborhoods...

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Hmmm, going to MSP in July, think I'll give the Juicy Lucy burger a try!  Is Matt’s B&G on Cedar ave in a safe neighborhood?  Not familiar with southern Minneapolis neighborhoods...
The neighborhood is just fine. And that place has steady business. The juicy lucy is such a thing here that you can get them in so many places. Just go to a burger/casual/American restaurant and it's probably on the menu in different variations such as the Blucy (blue cheese/garlic), the Jiffy (peanut butter, cheese, etc). Two different restaurants each claim they created the original (Matt's Bar or the 5-8 Club which has multiple locations).

You can have Juicy Lucy's all day here.

Oh! My burger press arrived today. I'm going to try it out and make my own over the weekend.

Thanks Nichelle!   Great tips!  My brother lived in that neighborhood during college days (back in late 60's) and his wife was a nurse at Abbott Northwestern from 1975 through 2010.  They suggested no problem at lunch but maybe avoid for dinner.  I lived in St Paul on Dayton Ave just off Snelling back in the late 70's and shopped in the Midway district all the time during graduate school.  Mixed neighborhood are not an issue but I do recognize crime rate varies between neighborhoods...  Thanks for your advice!

Quote: @Nichelle said:
Oh! My burger press arrived today. I'm going to try it out and make my own over the weekend.
Cool, make sure you take pictures and tell how well the burgers turned out!

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@Nichelle said:
Cool, make sure you take pictures and tell how well the burgers turned out!

Pictures or it didn't happen... Wink