Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juicy Lucy
So the Juicy Lucy is apparently coming to Denver this summer in my old Berkeley neighborhood. This article was the first time I'd heard of a Juicy Lucy, but it sounds like it's a pretty big deal in Mpls. Can't wait to try it! 

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/13958...13281?s=20

They're a great burger. Every time I am in town I specifically go to restaurants that offer them

Juicy Lucies are great! Just gotta make sure to get one from someone who knows what they're doing. Getting a nice medium burger with a char on the outside is a little trickier with cheese taking up space in the center.
They're super tasty and definitely worth trying.

Never been a fan myself, but lots luv em...

its a cheeseburger,  nothing revolutionary except the cheese is inside,  want to take it up a notch,  chop some mushrooms and mix it with the cheese when you stuff the burger,  or get into some of the more  exotic cheeses instead of the same ol Amercian or Cheddar.

You need to go to Matt’s B&G on Cedar ave for the real deal.  Till you have one of the orginals in the ambiance of the Matt’s you missed it.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
its a cheeseburger,  nothing revolutionary except the cheese is inside,  want to take it up a notch,  chop some mushrooms and mix it with the cheese when you stuff the burger,  or get into some of the more  exotic cheeses instead of the same ol Amercian or Cheddar.
we typically mix feta cheese in with the meat.  A long time favorite of our family.

Didn't know it was a thing until I saw this clip last week.

Of course the offensive lineman and defensive tackle knew what it was...  LOL

It's definitely a thing. Do it by hand or use one of these thingies -

[Image: 91MXQOTVzuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
You need to go to Matt’s B&G on Cedar ave for the real deal.  Till you have one of the orginals in the ambiance of the Matt’s you missed it.  
According to the article, the place going in in Denver's Berkeley neighborhood is being built and run by a couple of Matt's regulars.