Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiper's 4th mock
Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Our luck would be him getting picked one spot in front of us.
Like Jalen Reagor? 
Great...bring up the one situation that actually worked in our favor. Now you just jinxed our draft.
The probability of the Chargers taking an OLineman at 13 is very scary. They very well could be taking the last of the three OLineman most often mocked to us(Slater, AVT, Darrisaw) which could leave us in a position to draft defense at 14 if we can't trade down. They could really mess things up for us. I'm not sold on any of the DE's at 14. They all have question marks to be taken that high. Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons might be better choices if we go BPA. 
I think the odds of the Chargers taking OL is about 90%. But this will likely be just the 2nd OL taken. Assuming that's Sewell and Slater, pretty good odds that Darrisaw and AVT will be on the board when we pick. And if not, go edge and get your OL in a trade up into the 2nd round. 

Regarding edge, I have questions about Rousseau and Phillips, but Paye is emerging as a pretty clean player I'd be happy with at 14. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Like Jalen Reagor? 
Great...bring up the one situation that actually worked in our favor. Now you just jinxed our draft.
The probability of the Chargers taking an OLineman at 13 is very scary. They very well could be taking the last of the three OLineman most often mocked to us(Slater, AVT, Darrisaw) which could leave us in a position to draft defense at 14 if we can't trade down. They could really mess things up for us. I'm not sold on any of the DE's at 14. They all have question marks to be taken that high. Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons might be better choices if we go BPA. 
I think the odds of the Chargers taking OL is about 90%. But this will likely be just the 2nd OL taken. Assuming that's Sewell and Slater, pretty good odds that Darrisaw and AVT will be on the board when we pick. And if not, go edge and get your OL in a trade up into the 2nd round. 

Regarding edge, I have questions about Rousseau and Phillips, but Paye is emerging as a pretty clean player I'd be happy with at 14. 
I'm not fully on board with Paye yet, but I'm a helluva lot closer than I was a month ago. The 26% win rate and 33" arms help. Dre helps. Plus, he just needs to be Kato to Hunter's Green Hornet. 

Rousseau was on GMFB, and he looks like a WR at 265lbs. Honestly, I think the ultimate outcome of the trade with the Ravens to land Zeus, grab Rousseau at #27, and I'm on cloud nine through the weekend.

Not to be Captain Obvious, but I think we're going to be very happy or VERY angry with the Vikings pick. Or maybe disappointed is the better term. Someone good will slide or a great pick will get nabbed just before us. The potential for either exists. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Like Jalen Reagor? 

I'm not fully on board with Paye yet, but I'm a helluva lot closer than I was a month ago. The 26% win rate and 33" arms help. Dre helps. Plus, he just needs to be Kato to Hunter's Green Hornet. 

Rousseau was on GMFB, and he looks like a WR at 265lbs. Honestly, I think the ultimate outcome of the trade with the Ravens to land Zeus, grab Rousseau at #27, and I'm on cloud nine through the weekend.
completely with you, Zeus and either Phillips, Rousseau, or Oweh for Day 1 would be A+ to me

Affecting the QB is the name of the game, getting one guy to protect and one guy to chase down for the next 5 years is a great haul

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Not to be Captain Obvious, but I think we're going to be very happy or VERY angry with the Vikings pick. Or maybe disappointed is the better term. Someone good will slide or a great pick will get nabbed just before us. The potential for either exists. 
[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Like Jalen Reagor? 

completely with you, Zeus and either Phillips, Rousseau, or Oweh for Day 1 would be A+ to me

Affecting the QB is the name of the game, getting one guy to protect and one guy to chase down for the next 5 years is a great haul
That's really what it boils down to. Protect your guy, disrupt their guy. With the new and returning guys, we can do the latter. We don't have to be world beaters at the former, but man if we were.

Good night, Edith.