Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiper's 4th mock
14. Minnesota VikingsChristian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
That's four mock drafts for the 2021 class for me, and four offensive linemen to Minnesota in the first round. It's a glaring hole on this roster. Darrisaw was outstanding at left tackle for the Hokies last season; our Stats & Info team tracked him at 264 total pass-block plays, and he allowed just three pressures and one sack. Put him at left tackle on day one for the Vikings.

I think we'd all be pretty happy with this pick...

Wonder how he ranks on the Vikings board vs Slater?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I think we'd all be pretty happy with this pick...

Wonder how he ranks on the Vikings board vs Slater?
That's a good question. Wouldn't surprise me if he ranked higher, considering he comes from the same sort of offense we run. He seems to be everything we're looking for. Athletic reach blocker who has the power to anchor. 

I like it. 

Darrisaw, Slater, or AVT at 14 and I am a happy camper

Our luck would be him getting picked one spot in front of us.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Like Jalen Reagor? 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Like Jalen Reagor? 
Great...bring up the one situation that actually worked in our favor. Now you just jinxed our draft.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@VikingOracle said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Like Jalen Reagor? 
Great...bring up the one situation that actually worked in our favor. Now you just jinxed our draft.
The probability of the Chargers taking an OLineman at 13 is very scary. They very well could be taking the last of the three OLineman most often mocked to us(Slater, AVT, Darrisaw) which could leave us in a position to draft defense at 14 if we can't trade down. They could really mess things up for us. I'm not sold on any of the DE's at 14. They all have question marks to be taken that high. Jaycee Horn or Micah Parsons might be better choices if we go BPA. 

Claytons last mocks where we pass on AVT and take Paye could be a win for me, new Neo QLED 8k hanging on the wall.  So there is some upside with an edge at 14.