Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Proposal
Yes....

If someone had a special, magic crystal ball and guaranteed me he's going to be Mahomes II

I would only do that move up for Wilson.  Lance is a work-in-progress and not really a first round talent IMO, but he is a QB, so will go top 10.   

That you keep Cousins makes it tolerable. I wouldn't hate this trade. I just think we're so close that a starting OL and/or a starting Edge takes this team over the top. A rookie QB does nothing in '21. It's a move for the future, when this team is clearly focused on the now. 

My general take on the matter is that you shouldn't trade up too much, because there doesn't seem to be a lot of correlation between highly drafted QBs and which ones are elite.  So many of the elite QBs were available at later draft picks.  I think it's more a matter of persistently drafting QBs high whenever you have access to one that has a good chance of being elite without trading up too much.  This has the obvious downside that it inhibits you from getting talent at other positions, but your chance of winning a SB are significantly lower without an elite QB, so I don't think it's much of a drawback.

Quote: @rf54 said:
Doesn't matter if any of us would, Rick won't, and that's the end of that.
Direct, but accurate. 

Quote: @VikeMike52 said:
l wouldn’t, I’d trade up if Sewell slipped alittle though.
And/or Slater?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
nope x4

nope x5!

Quote: @RS Express said:
HELL NO!

lol, point taken.  

No offense to the OP, but the intriguing "trade-up" question is on OT's, not QB's.  

It's clear the Vikes addressed the D in FA (mostly) and will address OT  at the top of the draft (minus an unlikely Okung/Fisher/Villenueva signing) 

The Vikes picked a good year to do it.  
According to this analysis...depending how the draft falls....Sewell and/or Slater could organically fall to us @ 14.  
If the draft does not fall favorably, it would take a sub of our 1st and a fourth (we have 3... or a third) to move up to the Eagles spot@12?   Ahead of San Diego?  
I have no doubt Rick would make that trade.  (unless the draft room is pounding the table for Jenkins, Darrisaw or Eichenberg).  

There will be no "trade-up" for a QB unless there is an unexpected precipitous fall of Lawrence or Wilson. 

Could definitely see a trade-up (couple spots) for a prize OT, tho.  

If both prize OT's (Sewell,Slater) go early....trade back for top tier D-Edge/add 2nd tier OT.  Nice consolation.   

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Would you trade pick #14, a third, and a first in 2022 to Atlanta for pick #4?  Then pick Lance who could sit for a year or two behind Kirk?
I wouldn’t consider Lance until at least the 2nd round.