Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Bucket list - for us “old folks”
There will be more to add, but for now...
  • Attend the Olympics just once
  • Visit all 7 continents. I've been to 5. I have yet to go to South America but will take care of that soon enough. I never thought I'd want to visit Antarctica, but after researching I'm all in now.
  • I have some other trips in mind, but that list constantly evolves.
  • Get a vacation home in a warm place (condo on a beach sort of place) and never spend another full winter in Minnesota. I'll try to rent it out when I'm not there. I never even considered this before the pandemic. But the fragility of life has convinced me that it is too short to spend a significant part of it in a place you don't want to be if you don't have to. I'm getting old(er  Wink ) and I have never been a cold weather person. 
Then, there are the Vikings. But I don't have any control over that one so it doesn't go on the list. If the Vikings manage to make it to a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I'll figure out a way to be there.

[Image: isf4mg22qmzq.jpg]

monaco grand prix weekend
auyascha retreat
ice skate on Lake Louise in Banff

Like the grand prix.  Skating is always good, just got some Tacks, f***k Bauer, they ain't worth a crap when you have planter fasciitis.  
Had a machinist do the ayahuasca pilgrimage to Peru, boy just wasn't right after that.  Find some shrooms and listen to some String Cheese Incident, hear the local sprits are very tribal, don't care for out of towners.  Just my opinion though, find your own way.  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
I have been to two Bundesliga games, good thing for the list. I saw Wolfsburg play Bayern and Frankfurt v Dortmund, there are no lines for the bathrooms, just go with the flow, so to speak.  What is fun, is just being anywhere in Europe for the World Cup.  Any place you go you can watch any game with a room of your new best friends, open air beer gardens, sidewalk cafes, just a friggen blast.   
I hate soccer, assuming that's even what you're talking about. But your last sentence brought it home for me. Europe, beer gardens, sidewalk cafes. Mexico, sidewalk cafes. This is something that America only recently figured out. Like within the last 10 years.