Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Bucket list - for us “old folks”
So, yeah...Im getting up there in age, great life and the only thing REALLY that I want before I die is to see my beloved Vikings win a Super Bowl (like everyone here), and see my son play college football (or beyond) but THAT I cant control....

but before I take my dirt nap, a couple of things I wanna do.

Ive gotta see / try / understand? M.J.  - people Ive talked to say it actually takes a couple times, but Ive just gotta know what the attraction is....also I want to do it around people I trust, so they can tell me what their impression was of the effect.

Gotta get a Tattoo - not sure what / where....thought about the norseman, kids names, music artists (how do you choose between Prince and Pink Floyd?)  etc.   Thought about a “scan-able bar code”, but most artists “straight lines” look like crap, and I dont want to look like I escaped from “Fiorina “Fury” 161....(You “Alien” fans should get this one)

I want to conduct the Santa Clara Vanguard drum and bugle corps, just once - to “Send in the Clowns” or “Appalachian Spring”
Marched / Played with them in 1983 (hence my namesake), but to be on the podium would be awesome.

Would love to meet John Randle or Jared Allen - high motor guys with personality.

Thats about it for me.....How about it you old farts...whats on your bucket list?

[Image: 0v0zdrg5f0py.jpeg]

Well, I would recommend several tattoos Smile

To do list:

Need to hike Yosemite, Banff, Arches.
Get to the Bank with my oldest.
Class B RV.
Kate Upton.

Stay Healthy
Gotta travel more, see more of this planet
Free-up more time to mentor and give back to community
1 Lombardi

This...

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slayerment.com%2Ffil...f=1&nofb=1]

Geez, maybe I'm not old enough?  I'm 40 in a few days.  I kinda just want to hang out with friends and family.  I don't care where or what we see, I just enjoy having a cold one with them. 

We did Alaska and that was fun.  My wife travels constantly and I have the opportunity to travel the world with her but I just don't. Right now there's kids to take care of but they'll be on their own by the time I'm 50. (or at least they damn well better be).  Maybe my mind will change by then?
As for the Vikings, I've kind of given up hope.....some fan....if 98 and 09 wasn't enough what will be?

Kinda there right now, made my appointment for the Moderna poke, yesterday.  Retired last month.

So the plans are;
Travel in the teardrop, start end of April for a few weeks, no destination other than a direction south and the weather forecasts.
Visit the new grand kid mid May.
Get to Germany by the end of the year.
Finish the backyard solar generator.
Finish my work memorial bar.

Long term;

Octoberfest
Condo in Portugal.
Visit the Distilleries of Ireland, then Scotland and determine which I like best
Find a new Hobby.

I'm 44 and started knocking some stuff off the list.  Probably my highlight was skydiving for my birthday last November.  I've been wanting to do that ever since I saw the movie Point Break as a kid and finally did it.  Incredible, out of body type experience.  I did it down in San Diego so could see the ocean and Mexico on my jump...pretty amazing. I recommend trying it at least once 

Otherwise I would love to travel to Europe and see several countries over there. Watching a Premier League or Bundasligue game live would be incredible.  Also I have to get to South Bend to see Notre Dame play a game. 

I have been to two Bundesliga games, good thing for the list. I saw Wolfsburg play Bayern and Frankfurt v Dortmund, there are no lines for the bathrooms, just go with the flow, so to speak.  What is fun, is just being anywhere in Europe for the World Cup.  Any place you go you can watch any game with a room of your new best friends, open air beer gardens, sidewalk cafes, just a friggen blast.   

Visit Australia and Japan and Italy and a few other places.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
I have been to two Bundesliga games, good thing for the list. I saw Wolfsburg play Bayern and Frankfurt v Dortmund, there are no lines for the bathrooms, just go with the flow, so to speak.  What is fun, is just being anywhere in Europe for the World Cup.  Any place you go you can watch any game with a room of your new best friends, open air beer gardens, sidewalk cafes, just a friggen blast.   

My son traveled to Germany in high school as an exchange student for a month and was there during the Eurocup.  He described that same type atmosphere with the outdoor viewing parties for the games.  Said it was one of the most incredible experiences of his life. I'm sure the fact that he could drink alcohol as a 16 year old there contributed to his experience lol.  But yes getting over to Europe to see a game live is definitely on my list.  Just got my passport last year for the first time in my life...so I'm ready