Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos, 49ers still heavily pursuing a QB trade
Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
Would Von Miller, Drew Lock and pick 40 be tempting for any Vikefans? Just asking for a Bronco's friend. Von Miller might be on the way out?

Pick #9, Miller and Lock would be a very good package to offer for any QB.
It's probably fair in terms of value, but can Miller play 4-3 end? And unless we think Lock can be a long term starter, we still need a QB. Lock's a pretty major downgrade to try to sell to Thielen, Cook and Jefferson. I can't see any team doing that.  

Would Von Miller, Drew Lock and pick 40 be tempting for any Vikefans? Just asking for a Bronco's friend. Von Miller might be on the way out?

Hard, hard pass. Even if Miller wasn't a complete d-bag.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@supafreak84 said:
Broncos would make sense though with Paton there running things and Shurmur as the offensive coordinator.  Denver has clearly fallen behind in their division at the QB position 
I don't believe Shurmur has worked with Cousins in the past. They could both try to trade for Keenum, though I don't think he was popular with the Broncos fans.

Yes Shurmur took the Giants job the same year we brought in Cousins, but he runs a west coast system which Cousins is accustomed to playing in and suits his skill set very well.  I think fit wise for Cousins the Broncos would be right there with San Francisco

Let's change the narrative a bit....how about Bradley Chubb, Drew Lock, and the 9th pick...for Cousins, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Carl Knowles said:

It's probably fair in terms of value, but can Miller play 4-3 end? And unless we think Lock can be a long term starter, we still need a QB. Lock's a pretty major downgrade to try to sell to Thielen, Cook and Jefferson. I can't see any team doing that.  
Good question. John Fox, Jack Del Rio and Dennis Allen were 4-3 coaches in Denver from 2012-14 and they often mixed up the look.
Because Miller is under sized, they lined him up in a two point stance but he played the role of a DE. 
[Image: VRDE1_medium.png]

[Image: VRDE4_medium.png] 

They also had the ability to show some 3-4 looks and drop him off-the-line as a coverage linebacker. Very athletic versatile player, but never a hand in the dirt guy. 
Outside of Anthony Barr's first two years in the NFL, the Vikings really haven't used him (Barr) as a standup pass rusher as much as I thought they would... or in the way Miller was used in Denver under Del Rio.
Yes, Von certainly has a ton of red flag issues, but 37.5 sacks from 2012-14 in an unconventional 4-3 was impressive.
Just the thought of Miller, Barr, Kendricks, Hunter and Pierce along the front 7 would give offensive coordinators nightmares.
I like what Von has accomplished on the football field... but I also can agree his baggage and contract probably makes him untradeable.
Would Zimmer even consider using him as a standup DE just to jump start the pass rush? Probably Not.