Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos, 49ers still heavily pursuing a QB trade
https://predominantlyorange.com/2021/02/...traded-qb/

Broncos allegedly had a trade in place for a QB last week but one of the teams pulled out of the deal.  Always makes me wonder about Cousins. Vikings notoriously come out and publicly state their allegiance to a player before they trade him ala Diggs and others. 

Well, Shanny does have a raging hard on for Cousins. If we did pull the trigger, I'd want something similar to what Detroit got for Stafford. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Well, Shanny does have a raging hard on for Cousins. If we did pull the trigger, I'd want something similar to what Detroit got for Stafford. 

I agree completely

Broncos would make sense though with Paton there running things and Shurmur as the offensive coordinator.  Denver has clearly fallen behind in their division at the QB position 

I’ve thought from the start that Watson to Denver makes the most sense. Watson/Jets rumblings are strong there too but we’ll see. 

Darnold to SF could happen but they’d likely have to trade Jimmy G plus picks to get him. That’s a big ask for a guy who might stink. 

@purplefaithful has said it many times and I agree with him—I’m more than fine moving on from Kirk, but the eventual replacement better have big potential or at the very least save us a ton of money. I don’t see how a deal with the Niners gets us either. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Broncos would make sense though with Paton there running things and Shurmur as the offensive coordinator.  Denver has clearly fallen behind in their division at the QB position 
I don't believe Shurmur has worked with Cousins in the past. They could both try to trade for Keenum, though I don't think he was popular with the Broncos fans.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@supafreak84 said:
I don't believe Shurmur has worked with Cousins in the past. They could both try to trade for Keenum, though I don't think he was popular with the Broncos fans.

Wow. I thought your take on Atkins was ludicrous.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
https://predominantlyorange.com/2021/02/...traded-qb/

Broncos allegedly had a trade in place for a QB last week but one of the teams pulled out of the deal.  Always makes me wonder about Cousins. Vikings notoriously come out and publicly state their allegiance to a player before they trade him ala Diggs and others. 
That's interesting. No doubt Paton will want to act boldly in his new position. That's the first thing he said at his press conference. Interesting that the other team pulled out. Could it be because the other team is Houston and they caught wind of the Panthers' offer? Could Paton want Teddy? Seems with Siemian, Sloter, Keenam, Cousins there's been an exchange of, or at least an interest in, the same QBs. Or could it be Kirk?

No doubt 49ers want Cousins, but they're not going to get him for a Wentz offer. It would have to be closer to the Stafford offer. And would the Vikings even take it? I feel pretty confident that the chance the Vikings trade Cousins for a draft package that leads to a top QB in the draft is less than 1%. Way too much chance for that to blow up in their face. Trade your top 10 QB for the right to draft the next, say, Jameis Winston? No. There has to be a veteran involved. And other than Watson i don't see one out there. 

Interesting dynamic to consider here is that Paton knows exactly what the Vikings think about Cousins. He knows what ownership thinks, he knows exactly what the Vikings' plan is for his contract. 

Would Von Miller, Drew Lock and pick 40 be tempting for any Vikefans? Just asking for a Bronco's friend. Von Miller might be on the way out?

Pick #9, Miller and Lock would be a very good package to offer for any QB.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
Would Von Miller, Drew Lock and pick 40 be tempting for any Vikefans? Just asking for a Bronco's friend. Von Miller might be on the way out?

Pick #9, Miller and Lock would be a very good package to offer for any QB.
No way in Hell am I taking Miller after what he's been accused of recently, and I doubt the Wilfs would either.