Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
None The Less, He Persisted...
Big congrats to you, Barr!!! It sounds like your new job is a very nice opportunity with a company ready to grow. I've never been unemployed but I've sure been underemployed over the years! Living from paycheck to paycheck as a single parent makes you really appreciate those good jobs when you finally find them.

To the rest of the folks in this thread who are waiting for news about a new job, I wish you all the best of luck! Here's to you guys getting that happy call too!!

Congratulations Barr!!!  Now get your ass to work...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Hope my brain still works!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Congratulations! I know what a relief it is to finally get real work again. I spent four years living on a smattering of unemployment, underemployment and contract work before landing a job at full salary in 2014. 
Currently living this life...  and taking care of my mom.  My laptop needs replaced, my truck has issues... I'm going to need to find a full time job before the end of the year more than likely unless things change... tired of being cash poor while working around 25- 30hrs a week... in two days.

Nice to see a few others find work again.   

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Congratulations! I know what a relief it is to finally get real work again. I spent four years living on a smattering of unemployment, underemployment and contract work before landing a job at full salary in 2014. 
Currently living this life...  and taking care of my mom.  My laptop needs replaced, my truck has issues... I'm going to need to find a full time job before the end of the year more than likely unless things change... tired of being cash poor while working around 25- 30hrs a week... in two days.

Hang in there, it WILL get better! 

Quote: Wink @"BarrNone55" said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Hope my brain still works!
Er...eh...yeah, about that...well, you still have your looks! Wink

Must be in the air.... I just got the job too!!!!!   WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
All it took was FIVE F@CKING MONTHS, but I've got a job in my field again (IT Business Analyst)! Job market in Florida is just brutal, this was only the second position in SEVEN FREAKING YEARS that I interviewed for that was a direct hire and not a contract...

It's been just exhausting mentally...for anyone going through a tough time, try to stay positive...My mantra was "you're a day closer to this being over"...And "I've survived 100%of the difficult times in my life, including two battles with cancer, you can survive this"...

Be strong, be resilient, and persist...
 B)  B) B)

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@MaroonBells said:

Hang in there Zerk...I hope things switch around soon. Sending good juju down your way purple bros..

Bob and Barr--CONGRATULATIONS! just love hearing this. and Zerk, getting a better job is fine just dont let anything interfere with your game wrap ups.  they are priceless!  

i can sooooo sympathize as i have been looking for that next job for the last 40 years!  it never gets easier, especially when others, like kids, depend on you.

but  damn im happy for you guys.