Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
None The Less, He Persisted...
All it took was FIVE F@CKING MONTHS, but I've got a job in my field again (IT Business Analyst)! Job market in Florida is just brutal, this was only the second position in SEVEN FREAKING YEARS that I interviewed for that was a direct hire and not a contract...

It's been just exhausting mentally...for anyone going through a tough time, try to stay positive...My mantra was "you're a day closer to this being over"...And "I've survived 100%of the difficult times in my life, including two battles with cancer, you can survive this"...

Be strong, be resilient, and persist...

Congrats.  As a fellow Floridian I can atttest to the job market here.  Brutal.  

Quote: @twgerber said:
Congrats.  As a fellow Floridian I can atttest to the job market here.  Brutal.  
OMFG, you got that right brother...jobs are scare and pay below the national average in most cases...I was able to secure a great salary commensurate with my experience in the field...the nightmare is over!

Hard to believe 1,000 people move here  each month for below avg pay.   If it's a labor job pay is about half what you can get in other states.    Even our type of salaried jobs are well below market as you know.    Just tough.

I am lucky and have a work from home tech job.   

That is very awesome! Sweet relief and excitement, I'm sure. Congrats, man and way to keep grinding.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
That is very awesome! Sweet relief and excitement, I'm sure. Congrats, man and way to keep grinding.
Got that right...company is about 150 people currently, but they just leased additional space in the complex to add nearly another 50 people in the coming months...

Congrats BarrNone, went thru similar grueling job search saga several years ago.  Glad you finally landed one, hopefully it will work for you like mine did.

Congratulations! I know what a relief it is to finally get real work again. I spent four years living on a smattering of unemployment, underemployment and contract work before landing a job at full salary in 2014. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Congratulations! I know what a relief it is to finally get real work again. I spent four years living on a smattering of unemployment, underemployment and contract work before landing a job at full salary in 2014. 
Damn! That's crazy...

Congratulations!!  I like starting my day off reading and/or hearing some positivity.  Glad I don't have to go looking for it today!