Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booger has a point, but I don't think its just black players....
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I agree that it's not unique to any skin color,   but my question is this.   If a white analyst had made those comments would the fallout have been different?   
Yes, it would've been. And it should've been. I can call myself fat. You can't.

Hey, tubs...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I agree that it's not unique to any skin color,   but my question is this.   If a white analyst had made those comments would the fallout have been different?   
Yes, it would've been. And it should've been. I can call myself fat. You can't.
But he wasn't talking about himself.  Can another fat guy call you fat but not a skinny guy?

It doesn't matter who says it,  it was a racist statement and his skin color should not dictate his punishment.  If a white announcer would get fired for it then so should one of any other color.

You want to end racism, or really any isms for that matter,  get rid of double standards by which people are punished.  Its really no different than any other punishments for any other infractions,  same as rewards for good deeds or actions,   take the color of a person's skin,  or their sex, religion. Etc out of the corresponding action.

Booger is a dumb ass that made a dumb ass statement and it should be handled as if he was white , red, yellow,   or any other color.

Only racists think in racist terms