Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booger has a point, but I don't think its just black players....

I think Booger has a point but I think he meant what he said where it's strictly black players in his eyes...he's not smart enough to realize it's all players. I think so many busts occur because everything with the game of football has been easy to them. Then, when they come to the NFL, they don't realize the amount of preparation that is required and how much dedication is needed. Haskins is talented, Jamarcus Russell was talented, Johnny Manizel was talented, but all have seemed to lack the dedication and preparation that is needed to be a good player. 

I agree that it's not unique to any skin color,   but my question is this.   If a white analyst had made those comments would the fallout have been different?  I guess we will see. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I agree that it's not unique to any skin color,   but my question is this.   If a white analyst had made those comments would the fallout have been different?  I guess we will see. 
Of course. But the fallout is already beginning for Booger as the under 30 crowd is eviscerating him. And any white analyst that said that in today's environment deserves to be fired just for being so stupid to say it out loud. You know, there is something called an inner dialogue that humans have where nobody can hear your thoughts but you! (gasp)

Everyone has dumb thoughts.....not everyone verbalizes those dumb thoughts. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Of course. But the fallout is already beginning for Booger as the under 30 crowd is eviscerating him. And any white analyst that said that in today's environment deserves to be fired just for being so stupid to say it out loud. You know, there is something called an inner dialogue that humans have where nobody can hear your thoughts but you! (gasp)

Everyone has dumb thoughts.....not everyone verbalizes those dumb thoughts. 

Preach. You really hit the nail on the head as so many times during MNF games he made comments and I found myself saying "That doesn't need to be said" or "Did he really just say that". Unfortunately, he's just not a guy meant for tv.

That look on Randy Moss's face is like you might want to rethink this. [Image: 9tu0nn0jpt0h.jpg]

LOL!  Randy's like WTF?! 

My god. Maybe Booger should use one of his lifelines. The league is littered with white players who pissed away talent and money.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
He have been fired and excoriated all over the internet.

I think the criticism is really unfair and typical for the times we are in as people like to hear what they want to hear - he did not say only black players, what he said was "especially young African American players."

It is really unfortunate that whenever someone in the African American community speaks about taking responsibility for ones actions and doing their best to be a better person that they are criticized.  It seems like unless you are promoting being a victim of the system you are chastised and wrong.