Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions from here out?
I'm taking Chicago this week: Kendricks out, No home field, their QB coach has Trubisky playing better than he ever has and that Chicago D is filled with a bunch of dawgs. They expose that Vikings OL as much or better than anyone. 

@ NO??? C'mon now

MAYBE a win @ Detroit

Honestly? I have no idea. We can go 3-0 or 0-3. It's been a bipolar kind of year, across the league really. I just hope for the team to go out and play hard and that the young players show even more improvement.

I just want better draft position at this point.

Win the next 3 games 

Get a lotta help

@ New Orleans
@GB  

Lose NFCC game.

Unlikely,  but it'd be hella   fun to put wreck and ruin on Packers and Saints in 2020.

Quote: @kmillard said:
I just want better draft position at this point.
It would be what's best for the team, quite honestly. I've just found that I can't root against them when I watch them play. My mind says one thing all week long about good draft position, etc. that I know is beneficial to the team....then they play on Sunday and I'm rooting like hell for them to win. 

Sometimes games feel right and sometimes they just don't. It's more about the timing than the matchup. As Bud said, "it's not who you play, but when you play them." 

No more truer words in the NFL than those 10. 

I liked the Vikings in the first matchup. A lot. Timing was right. Not so much this game. Bears have stumbled on some offense. Vikings without Kendricks. Just don't like it. But we'll see. We have one of the best offenses in the NFL. If we can find a way to punch through that defense like we did early in the Tampa game, Vikings can win.

I like the Saints game a little better, especially if we can get Kendricks back. We should beat the Lions but will we even want to at that point? It's funny, teams will pay enormous amounts of draft capital to move up 4 to 6 spots in the 1st round, when many times you can do it for free by just losing your last game. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:

Win the next 3 games 

Get a lotta help

@ New Orleans
@GB  

Lose NFCC game.

Unlikely,  but it'd be hella   fun to put wreck and ruin on Packers and Saints in 2020.
Would be great but unfortunately they are not the talented 1987 young and upcoming Vikings.

I honestly don't believe the Vikings win that game @ Soldier Field if Hicks didn't go out. 

Name me another D where the front 7 annihilates the Vikings more than the Bears do?

All that said, as a season tix holder? I am not happy I aint watching Vikings/Bears live @ USB today Sad

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I honestly don't believe the Vikings win that game @ Soldier Field if Hicks didn't go out. 

Name me another D where the front 7 annihilates the Vikings more than the Bears do?

All that said, as a season tix holder? I am not happy I aint watching Vikings/Bears live @ USB today Sad
You're right about their D-line....and Hicks getting hurt certainly helped us, but the Vikings were pretty much dominating that game in terms of yards and TOP, even before Hicks went out.

Biggest reason that game was close was because Rudy fumbled in the red zone when the Vikings were driving early in the game. Later, Thielen basically hands the ball off to to Khalil Mack leading to a Bears score, then the Patterson KOR to open the 2nd half. Y'know, typical Vikings stuff. 

Maybe the Vikings can win the battle of the "WTF!" plays this time. :-)

I selected 7-9 earlier but after this game, I think 6-10 is a better bet...  Poor run defense, hit or miss pass defense, poor pass blocking OL, and piss poor play calling spells doom against NO and Detroit.