Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicker workout
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Why did we carry a kicker on the practice squad for half the season when Bailey is so well thought of in terms of historical accuracy,  and why then when the accuracy goes to shit,  and previously mentioned kicker is on the street is he not the first name that pops up?
I was thinking the same thing, but it turns out that the low life Jets signed Chase McLaughlin off waivers yesterday before we had a chance to bring him back.  Total garbage move as they have no desire to win any games.   Wonder if they are still upset about Barr backing out of their offer.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Why did we carry a kicker on the practice squad for half the season when Bailey is so well thought of in terms of historical accuracy,  and why then when the accuracy goes to shit,  and previously mentioned kicker is on the street is he not the first name that pops up?
I was thinking the same thing, but it turns out that the low life Jets signed Chase McLaughlin off waivers yesterday before we had a chance to bring him back.  Total garbage move as they have no desire to win any games.   Wonder if they are still upset about Barr backing out of their offer.  
Well Mclaughlin didn't exactly lite it up for Jacksonville so maybe this is the Jets way of ensuring they stay winless?

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Call Longwell,   he was on kfan 2 weeks ago saying he is still comfortable kicking and would have no problems with the new extra point distance.  Fuck it,  call his bluff,  after Sunday he cant do worse.
Wanna bet?

No....I say get someone whose name you can't pronounce. 
0.0%  not really sure how to do worse.

3 games ro go in a dead season,   fuck it,  see if the old guy is full of shit or if he can still swing it.

They will stick with Bailey,  bit it would be fun to hear that call to RL.

I guess worse could have been blocked and returned? 

At this point we're not a playoff team, and even if we sneak in we're not going anywhere.  So I guess as Hillary would say "what difference does it make".

Might as well ride it out and wait for next year again.

Who is going to pick a kicker? There is no record of doing so within the current organization, and our ST coach has been abominable and is himself a dead man walking. Find a new ST coach after the season and let him find a new kicker.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Call Longwell,   he was on kfan 2 weeks ago saying he is still comfortable kicking and would have no problems with the new extra point distance.  Fuck it,  call his bluff,  after Sunday he cant do worse.
Wanna bet?

No....I say get someone whose name you can't pronounce. 
0.0%  not really sure how to do worse.
Worse would be a kicker who makes less than 50% of this kicks over a period of several games. I don't know what's wrong with Bailey, but I would say it's just as likely he gets over his slump and regains some trust...than to find a street kicker out there we can put any kind of confidence in. But who knows. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Might as well ride it out and wait for next year again.
I think that's something they are debating. No one good is really available so pick one in the 7th round in the draft. I highly doubt Dan Bailey is the reason we miss out on the playoffs but we are the Vikings so who knows

Would this move take up 3 roster spots?  Seriously, they couldn't do much worse than what happened last Sunday. B) [Image: xlkoy.jpg]

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Would this move take up 3 roster spots?  Seriously, they couldn't do much worse than what happened last Sunday. B) [Image: xlkoy.jpg]
Wanna bet? Don't jinx them.