Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicker workout

Why did we carry a kicker on the practice squad for half the season when Bailey is so well thought of in terms of historical accuracy,  and why then when the accuracy goes to shit,  and previously mentioned kicker is on the street is he not the first name that pops up?

We could have grabbed any one of the random cutout cardboard caricatures of people from the stands and made just as many kicks Sunday.  Surely we can find a able bodied kicker in America somewhere? 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
We could have grabbed any one of the random cutout cardboard caricatures of people from the stands and made just as many kicks Sunday.  Surely we can find a able bodied kicker in America somewhere? 
At this point I wonder about that...

I've read this novel before, they really dont have a choice but to stick with Bailey the last few games. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:
At this point I wonder about that...

I've read this novel before, they really dont have a choice but to stick with Bailey the last few games. 
Agree. I almost hate to say it, but I do think that the best course of action might be to just let Bailey work through it. He's had a pretty good year and a half. The available kickers are available for a reason. 

Call Longwell,   he was on kfan 2 weeks ago saying he is still comfortable kicking and would have no problems with the new extra point distance.  Fuck it,  call his bluff,  after Sunday he cant do worse.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Call Longwell,   he was on kfan 2 weeks ago saying he is still comfortable kicking and would have no problems with the new extra point distance.  Fuck it,  call his bluff,  after Sunday he cant do worse.
Wanna bet?

No....I say get someone whose name you can't pronounce. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Wanna bet?

No....I say get someone whose name you can't pronounce. 
0.0%  not really sure how to do worse.

3 games ro go in a dead season,   fuck it,  see if the old guy is full of shit or if he can still swing it.

They will stick with Bailey,  bit it would be fun to hear that call to RL.