Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer cannot continue to be head coach
Quote: @greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@PSBLAKE said:
one of the issues I have noticed is thay the play calling is still acting like we have a good defense and we dont.  
I was frustrated by this too. Glennon was picking us apart because our DL had zero pressure on him. When you have that with Kendricks being out you're in a bad spot over the middle. The corners were doing their best but only third down I kept saying "Why aren't we blitzing?". What happens in the second half, more blitzes from Harry and others. I'm not trying to dumb it down but jesus Zimmer, our DL sucks right now, you have to blitz.

And if you blitz, you leave the young corners and a bunch of no-name LBs manning the gaps.  Remember Barr and EK, they can fake the blitz and still get back in coverage.  I don't think Wilson and crew makes any OC tremble.

And this thread is so predicable.  Bitch about Zimmer while complaining about the terrible players out there.  Missing our NT, Hunter, Barr, EK... Seems like that could be part of the issue.
Well everyone knows that's a huge part of the issue. What i'm saying is our CB's were balling yesterday and the QB had all the time in the world to throw the ball. Perfect way to change that up is by blitzing, which they did, and it worked in the second half.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@PSBLAKE said:
one of the issues I have noticed is thay the play calling is still acting like we have a good defense and we dont.  
I was frustrated by this too. Glennon was picking us apart because our DL had zero pressure on him. When you have that with Kendricks being out you're in a bad spot over the middle. The corners were doing their best but only third down I kept saying "Why aren't we blitzing?". What happens in the second half, more blitzes from Harry and others. I'm not trying to dumb it down but jesus Zimmer, our DL sucks right now, you have to blitz.

And if you blitz, you leave the young corners and a bunch of no-name LBs manning the gaps.  Remember Barr and EK, they can fake the blitz and still get back in coverage.  I don't think Wilson and crew makes any OC tremble.

And this thread is so predicable.  Bitch about Zimmer while complaining about the terrible players out there.  Missing our NT, Hunter, Barr, EK... Seems like that could be part of the issue.
Yesterday was a good example of how valuable Kendricks is. The backups did what they could, but Kendricks is the difference between getting off the field or teams having easy 3rd downs. The DL is the biggest issue on the team right now. Guys look Wonnum and maybe Brailford may be good depth, but the team is having a hard time getting consistent pressure and are getting gashed in the running game. If we get Hunter and Pierce back next season, then that would be huge, but we still need more talent there.

And just like that...Washington just handed the Steelers their first loss 23-17 Final