Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After watching Washington dismantle the Cowboys
If we needed fans in the stands to beat this horrible team we for sure need better coaching.  Sorry I have not seen one reasonable excuse for losing to a horrible team like the cowboys.  No logic at all. 

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
If we needed fans in the stands to beat this horrible team we for sure need better coaching.  Sorry I have not seen one reasonable excuse for losing to a horrible team like the cowboys.  No logic at all. 
How's this one:

Because we always have several let-down games every year and mediocre QB's destroy Zimmer's vaunted defensive schemes.  This happened even when we had a veteran Top 5 defense never mind with this group of novices.  I have been ready to move on from Zimmer since the Eagles debacle and started having doubts before then.  He is not a good game day coach.  

I don't think Spelly and Zimmer are attached at the hip/package deal like many seem to indicate.  I want to move on from Zimmer and keep Spelly.  I think Spelly is an excellent drafter, pretty good at free agency in terms of keeping our own and going outside, I think his trades have generally been excellent (harvin and diggs come to mind) both disgruntled and we got very good value/ROI.  Lastly, I think Zimmer was a very good first coaching hire by Spelly but the time is up on Zimmer - IMO.  I stick with Spelly and have him hire his second HC this offseason pre draft and hone in on a Top QB.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
How's this one:

Because we always have several let-down games every year and mediocre QB's destroy Zimmer's vaunted defensive schemes.  This happened even when we had a veteran Top 5 defense never mind with this group of novices.  I have been ready to move on from Zimmer since the Eagles debacle and started having doubts before then.  He is not a good game day coach.  

I don't think Spelly and Zimmer are attached at the hip/package deal like many seem to indicate.  I want to move on from Zimmer and keep Spelly.  I think Spelly is an excellent drafter, pretty good at free agency in terms of keeping our own and going outside, I think his trades have generally been excellent (harvin and diggs come to mind) both disgruntled and we got very good value/ROI.  Lastly, I think Zimmer was a very good first coaching hire by Spelly but the time is up on Zimmer - IMO.  I stick with Spelly and have him hire his second HC this offseason pre draft and hone in on a Top QB.  
For what its worth. It seems Rick started hitting on most of picks when Zim got here. Is there anything correlation? Or maybe is it as simple as that the previous coaches were bad at developing talent or could not communicate their needs well or is it that the scouting team has grown better? I dont know

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
How's this one:

For what its worth. It seems Rick started hitting on most of picks when Zim got here. Is there anything correlation? Or maybe is it as simple as that the previous coaches were bad at developing talent or could not communicate their needs well or is it that the scouting team has grown better? I dont know
I hold Spelly accountable for drafts and such from when he was put in charge as GM in 2012.  Prior to that, it was an unheard of corporate structure, I called the triangle of blameSmile

Spelly, when appointed GM, inherited Leslie Frazier and was stuck with him for two seasons/drafts and was then able to hire his first coach in Zimmer.  As far as who Spelly has drafted with Zimmer or without it does not matter (to me) the full responsibility (blame or credit) goes to the GM.  The GM is also the person that sets up the personnel, scouts and coaches to do the draft so again the bucks stops with them.

@"PSBLAKE" said:
How's this one:

Oh and to add salt to the wound, Zimmer was outcoached by none other then the buffoon that is Mike McCarthy.  He actually has his downtrodden team hyped up to face the mighty Vikings who were turning their season around...ooppps!

@"minny65" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
How's this one:

Oh and to add salt to the wound, Zimmer was outcoached by none other then the buffoon that is Mike McCarthy.  He actually has his downtrodden team hyped up to face the mighty Vikings who were turning their season around...ooppps!
Mike McCarthy was definitely an advantage for the Cowboys. He learned from his experience against the Vikings and made the most of it. Sad but true. 

Horse sheet  defensive push exposed a young class of DBs---if we had put up a modicum of push on Dalton our dbs would have been better positioned to matchup