Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer is my coach!
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Two of the biggest tells for me, one the subject of this thread, Zimmer, wanted him back. And two, Barr's willingness to play the defense called rather than be concerned about stats. 

Anyone think Wilson could have closed that gap on Rodgers when Barr broke him? Barr is a freak and makes things look easy for a guy his size.
I dont know,  Wilson seems to play faster than Barr now that Wilson is getting enough reps to be comfortable in the role. 

If Barr is better,  and I wouldn't concede that point with how Wilson has played this year,  Wilson would still be my pick based on dollars and the much higher return on investment .   Not to mention Wilson is playing behind an inferior DL,  Barr has been protected most of his career by some of the best DL in the game,  and some pretty good defenders behind him.  Wilson is playing with a mash unit. 

Wilson has always had problems doing his job, being in position.  If he can clean some of that up with the extended playing time, good for him.  Still would rather have Barr, so much he does that doesn't get noticed by fans, but much of that is because of what he takes away. 

Look at it this way, was Jared Allen the best Viking DE ever?  The splash plays say so.  But freelancing and willingness to leave your spot trying to make a splash play leaves a hole that can be exploited by a good offense/qb.  JA was a freelance king, he liked the stats.  Barr is willing to do the opposite.  He and Harry let Zimmer run some pretty crazy stuff.

We will see about Wilson soon enough, he will be a FA and the Vikings will have to offer him a contract.