Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Race is going to be as interesting as POTUS...
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Looks like Ossoff will beat Perdue and Warnock has beaten Loeffler. Good guys get control of Senate. Both drew numbers better than November, suggesting Trump's post-election petulance had an impact. 

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/13...50880?s=20
Interesting for sure. I wish some members of the GOP in the Senate weren't SO conservative, really giving the whole party a bad look. I really don't like Democratic fiscal policy at all. In fact, I hate it. But getting Trump out was paramount. The few members that continue to back him are just filth.

I'm hopeful a more moderate candidate is elected in the next Presidential election cycle, regardless of party. I see the Lincoln Project is taking a victory lap with recent ads....my wife likes them but I wonder if that's a little bit lowering yourself to a different level. 

You don’t like Democrat fiscal policy..... But democrats have to fix the fucking republicans fiscal disasters.... Every. God. Damned. Time!

Like seriously do people not understand that our entire nations fiscal outlook would be that of every shitty backwoods fucking red state town? People piss and moan about democrats and yet... They have to bail us out every time. I mean it isn’t like there isn’t decades upon decades of data to back this up or anything. And still this stupid fucking idea pops up constantly. 
Don't agree at all. Tax and spend does what exactly? 
Boosts the economy. You know what doesn't? Tax cuts. But they add just as much to the debt. 

Go ahead and compare economic performance per marginal tax rate. It's almost funny. The higher it is the better the economy. Almost without fail. Now, yes, I know there are other factors: wars, depressions, recessions, etc.

WWII was probably the biggest boon to our economy in history. But what is war but enormous government stimulus? But even if we had built all those ships, planes and jeeps, only to dump them all into the Atlantic, the result on the economy would've been the same. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Looks like Ossoff will beat Perdue and Warnock has beaten Loeffler. Good guys get control of Senate. Both drew numbers better than November, suggesting Trump's post-election petulance had an impact. 

Interesting for sure. I wish some members of the GOP in the Senate weren't SO conservative, really giving the whole party a bad look. I really don't like Democratic fiscal policy at all. In fact, I hate it. But getting Trump out was paramount. The few members that continue to back him are just filth.

I'm hopeful a more moderate candidate is elected in the next Presidential election cycle, regardless of party. I see the Lincoln Project is taking a victory lap with recent ads....my wife likes them but I wonder if that's a little bit lowering yourself to a different level. 

You don’t like Democrat fiscal policy..... But democrats have to fix the fucking republicans fiscal disasters.... Every. God. Damned. Time!

Like seriously do people not understand that our entire nations fiscal outlook would be that of every shitty backwoods fucking red state town? People piss and moan about democrats and yet... They have to bail us out every time. I mean it isn’t like there isn’t decades upon decades of data to back this up or anything. And still this stupid fucking idea pops up constantly. 
Don't agree at all. Tax and spend does what exactly? I know you tend to get extremely worked up over politics, Mike, but there are differing opinions on fiscal responsibility and the party's differences. 
I don’t care if you agree or not. It is empirically factual. So disagree all the way and be ignorant if you want.

Only in America can you have such a failed arguement being constantly promoted even when data slaps you in the face. Trickle down economics has never worked and never will. 
Tax cuts (especially to the wealthy) never work as wealthy people don't "spend" money (if they do it is on ostentatious goods which don't stimulate growth).  This has been proven time without number. 
Investing in capital goods, labor force,  technology and infrastructure does. All these depend on the premise of mass demand and supply coupled with the multiplier effect something you don't get with wealthy people ( the effects are not as far reaching as youbwill get with low income to middle income people).
Hence the need for taxation so targeted investments in these areas can be done.
Another reason why this administration could never get infrastructure week going.
This topic has been beaten to death and it is just amazing that it is still being discussed. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Don't agree at all. Tax and spend does what exactly? I know you tend to get extremely worked up over politics, Mike, but there are differing opinions on fiscal responsibility and the party's differences. 
I don’t care if you agree or not. It is empirically factual. So disagree all the way and be ignorant if you want.
^^ There's a real intellectual  heavy-weight battle of the half-wits. 
Left wing-nut vs moderate wing-nut. 

LMAO.  

I didn't think I'd listen to this whole thing, but I did...

That olde T-800/Model 101 Terminator really laid it out there  :p

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/statu...1284874240

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Same. I was like 7 minutes? I'll give it 30 secs. But ended up listening to the whole thing. It was well written, well delivered and he didn't pull any punches. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Same. I was like 7 minutes? I'll give it 30 secs. But ended up listening to the whole thing. It was well written, well delivered and he didn't pull any punches. 

[Image: EB19820101REVIEWS201010313AR.jpg]

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

It was absolutely worth listening to the whole thing.