Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Race is going to be as interesting as POTUS...
At least for me it will be...

The political landscape is truly up for grabs again, crazy times. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
At least for me it will be...

The political landscape is truly up for grabs again, crazy times. 
Yeah, I'll be watching that very closely. Big, tight races in Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina, Maine, Iowa, and Montana.

Team red will pick up one in Alabama, but team blue will almost certainly win two in Michigan and Colorado. All the above could go either way. Dems are up in each, but well within the margin of error. If Biden wins, AND the Dems pick up two of the above six (likely with a Biden win), they control the Senate. If Biden loses, they need three of the remaining six. South Carolina, pitting Harrison against Lindsay Graham, is also in play, favoring Graham by a couple but within the margin of error. 

Other than sending Graham, who might be the most hypocritical politician in history, home with his tail between legs, I'm really pulling for Ossoff to win in Georgia. He has a bright future in national politics if he can pull this one out. 

Ossoff vs Perdue is VERY close to going to a run-off. 

Perdue is 50.0% this morning...If it drops even a 1/10th of a point? That seat is going to be in play. 

Warnock and Loeffler are going to a runoff in Georgia.

Last I saw Perdue of GA now @ 49.9. If that holds, that will be a run-off in January. 

And just like that Biden is leading GA by over a thousand votes with move votes (trending Biden) to come. THANK YOU Stacy Abrams 

I love that it's Representative John Lewis's district that is making that lead in Georgia happen. 

Can  . .  Biden and the Dems appoint Romney as the Senate Majority leader if the senate is split 50/50?  Romney can play the adult in the senate and ensure that reasonable items that benefit the American people can get passed?

Quote: @Skodin said:
Can  . .  Biden and the Dems appoint Romney as the Senate Majority leader if the senate is split 50/50?  Romney can play the adult in the senate and ensure that reasonable items that benefit the American people can get passed?
actually, IIRC,  Harris would be the leader of the Senate if there is a 50/50 split,  although in the senate the leader carries very little control unlike the speaker of the house who basically runs that body.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Dunno. But it's amazing how reasonable Romney sounds right now. *L*

It makes me long for the days when our differences were about public policy and not fitness for the office, and sanity, and decency, and threats to our democracy. It is shocking to me how much damage Trump has done.