Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the offensive line play well?!?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
There was one play where the right side missed assignments and Cousins was caught without a chance because the Packer had a clean shot to him.

I was only able to watch the first quarter and had to listen to the radio for the rest of it but it sounds like our OL man handled the Packers on the run (which i love) and gave Cousins at least good protection today.  The announcers on the radio pointed out that the Packers have a good defensive line so we were not playing against slouches.
Of course Cousins should have seen pre snap that they didn't have the man power over there to cover that side,  it was pretty obvious that one of those 2 defenders was going to get a free run.
I don’t know what the blocking assignments but i saw three Packers rushing and three Viking blockers.  The middle Viking crashed down to the left helping what i assume was the Viking guard thus leaving the giant hole.  my thought was there was some sort of lack of communication when you have three on three and dont’t block or at least disrupt the three rushers.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
There was one play where the right side missed assignments and Cousins was caught without a chance because the Packer had a clean shot to him.

I was only able to watch the first quarter and had to listen to the radio for the rest of it but it sounds like our OL man handled the Packers on the run (which i love) and gave Cousins at least good protection today.  The announcers on the radio pointed out that the Packers have a good defensive line so we were not playing against slouches.
Of course Cousins should have seen pre snap that they didn't have the man power over there to cover that side,  it was pretty obvious that one of those 2 defenders was going to get a free run.
I don’t know what the blocking assignments but i saw three Packers rushing and three Viking blockers.  The middle Viking crashed down to the left helping what i assume was the Viking guard thus leaving the giant hole.  my thought was there was some sort of lack of communication when you have three on three and dont’t block or at least disrupt the three rushers.
I wonder if we will be able to sustain the good offensive line play?

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:

For three of the five--Bradbury, Cleveland and O'Neill--they should only get better. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:

For three of the five--Bradbury, Cleveland and O'Neill--they should only get better. 
And a fourth, Reiff, has been having his best year to date.

Old Reily is having a good year for his standards. And I think that speaks volumes as to what a pros pro he is. Remember he took a haircut this season too. He could have just gone through the motions.

I think O'Neill or Cleveland is going to be playing that spot next year though. Probably Cleveland as O'Neil has excelled  so much @ RT. Cant f that up. 

cleveland looked really good he did not get manhandled at all from what I have seen.  If this year does one thing and that is to develop a solid offensive line group I would be thrilled.

I thought they did a great job run blocking. Cleveland and even Irv Smith really stood out with some nice blocks. Brian Baldinger has a nice breakdown of the run blocking. The pass blocking wasn't tested much, though there was one play with a bad missed block.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1323...10848?s=20

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
I thought they did a great job run blocking. Cleveland and even Irv Smith really stood out with some nice blocks. Brian Baldinger has a nice breakdown of the run blocking. The pass blocking wasn't tested much, though there was one play with a bad missed block.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1323...10848?s=20
You gotta love a former Ol's take on things...

Man, if they could only play like that most of the time lol!

Cleveland was impressive, gotta admit. They all were yesterday.