Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-6 here we come!!!!!
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I see both sides of the argument so I don't disagree with you, but if the Vikings were actually going to do this, they should have already done it. If the FO wanted to tank then every vet name you mentioned could have been traded or cut this past offseason.

I guess if we start out 0-6 or something crazy that might force the Vikings' hand, but more likely we'll win this week and get back on track for a middle-of-the-road season, guaranteeing us a couple more years of Kirk and Zim. I've wanted the Vikings to draft a rookie QB since the day Teddy got hurt and have posted my frustrations about it many times, but there are worse things than stability I guess. At least we aren't the Lions.
. Look at the schedule, how many for sure wins do you see?  Now what if you made the changes I listed in my first post?  Could they lose 13 - 15 games.  Yes, the margin in the NFL is so thin that some minor tweaks could easily make the difference.  Zimmer teams are play close games, make a few changes here and there, or don't make obvious upgrades and you turn a win into a loss.  The next four games are the Colts, Titans, Texans, and Seahawks.  How many of those games do we win if they play like they just did?  How are you gonna protect a small lead with the current CBs and pass rush?  
I've been a Viking fan for 50+ years, I bleed purple, but what is the upside of the current team?    
Yes, the Ngakoue trade just happened and I will admit that is a hard one to fit into my plan.  Maybe Hunter is out longer than we expect, I don't have that answer but I do want to see my Vikings win a championship.  I want to see it soon, at the current pace with the current roster and cap situation we just don't have a chance.L

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
If there's a time to suck for the Vikings, its this year: 2021 has 5 pretty damn good QB prospects as it stands right now:
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Justin Fields
  • Trey Lance
  • Kyle Trask
  • Jamie Newman

If we start over with a rookie QB, do you want Mike Zimmer planning that future? I don't.

I'm not saying Zimmer can't win, but I think he needs very specific existing circumstances to do so - a defensive unit stocked with strong players who understand his complex scheme, a strong running game, and a veteran QB who doesn't make many mistakes and can handle criticism when he does.

Unless one of those rookie QBs is Dan Marino 1983, it will be a couple years of development, which means starting over in a lot of places on this roster. It also means Zimmer and Kubiak (or the next OC) need the skill to turn that rookie into Pat Mahomes instead of Mitchell Trubisky. That also involves building a strong OL to protect the young QB, which this staff has had little success doing.
I think if you want a 2020 crash for a top draft pick, you should think about non-QBs (like OT Penei Sewell) that could IMMEDIATELY fix problems with the Zimmer roster. OR - you should say you want to burn this roster and coaching staff down and start over.

The Rick and Mike show has shown us they can build a team that is average to above average.  We want a SB champion and need better performance to get there.  IMO, it is not going to happen with the current leadership.  How many years have we ignored the OL?  How many years have we picked a WR early in the draft that failed...  Why do we keep guys like Barr around that makes minimal big plays yet commands top dollar?

Season is obviously very early, hope we turn the ship around but I'm not very optimistic..

this is what tanking looks like

Quote: @"rf54" said:
this is what tanking looks like
I'm not sure they're tanking, but they sure suck.  Long ways away from winning a post-season game vs Saints, thats for sure.