Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-6 here we come!!!!!
We will beat the Falcons because they suck more than we do, but I don't have any faith we will beat the other teams before our rematch with the Packers. We will not win any road games during that stretch, and Henry is going to run all over our crappy defense. 

If we're going to suck, make it a #1 overall pick suck.  Might as well go for Lawrence. 

I dont think we're that bad, as much as I hate having GB being a better team again. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
If we're going to suck, make it a #1 overall pick suck.  Might as well go for Lawrence. 

I dont think we're that bad, as much as I hate having GB being a better team again. 
Agreed. If the Vikings are going to suck, then suck in epic fashion. Draft one of the top 4 QBs and let that dude sit for a year. But like you I don't think Minnesota is going to turn out to be a top 10 bad team. I like Cousins and have said as much, but he's the last of a dying breed of immobile QBs with average arm strength and below average running ability. Look at how Green Bay pulled the trigger on Love. 

Anyway, Vikes need to fix that defense first. 

Maybe they can get Indy but we'll see. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Maybe they can get Indy but we'll see. 
I think we are 7-17 all time vs. the Colts.

If Hunter is limited or cannot comeback, there is no hope. Aside from Ngakoue and Danielle that dL is practice squad material. They may not be bad enough to get Lawrence but they might be able to nab Fields or Lance. Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season ahead.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Agreed. If the Vikings are going to suck, then suck in epic fashion. Draft one of the top 4 QBs and let that dude sit for a year. But like you I don't think Minnesota is going to turn out to be a top 10 bad team. I like Cousins and have said as much, but he's the last of a dying breed of immobile QBs with average arm strength and below average running ability. Look at how Green Bay pulled the trigger on Love. 

Cousin's needs to elevate the players around him, especially our receivers besides Thielen in order for this Passing game to be successful. I have yet to see him do that. Thielen and Diggs were already good receivers when he got here. Without a consistent option as a #2 and #3, this offense will also be an issue besides our defensive woes. Where were the TE's yesterday in the game plan? 3 total passes between Rudolph and Smith? With an offense struggling to move the ball, how do you not get your TE's involved when your receivers are not getting open? Using them to move the chains and gain some Time of Possession would have been a smart approach yesterday. Kubiak hardly used 3 wides against the Pack. Is our line that bad we can't release the TE's for a route? There was zero creativity yesterday as Cousins was scrambling for his life hoping his 2 receivers would get open down field. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Cousin's needs to elevate the players around him, especially our receivers besides Thielen in order for this Passing game to be successful. I have yet to see him do that. Thielen and Diggs were already good receivers when he got here. Without a consistent option as a #2 and #3, this offense will also be an issue besides our defensive woes. Where were the TE's yesterday in the game plan? 3 total passes between Rudolph and Smith? With an offense struggling to move the ball, how do you not get your TE's involved when your receivers are not getting open? Using them to move the chains and gain some Time of Possession would have been a smart approach yesterday. Kubiak hardly used 3 wides against the Pack. Is our line that bad we can't release the TE's for a route? There was zero creativity yesterday as Cousins was scrambling for his life hoping his 2 receivers would get open down field. 
With all that aside, Cousins isn't the reason we lost by any stretch of the imagination. The Packers scored 43 points. Rodgers had over 300 yards passing and 4 TDs. 

I'm not going to throw in the towel after one game because we do have talent on this roster and I believe in Zimmer/Kubiak to coach these guys up. Don't forget...zero preseason games on a roster with a lot of young players and moving parts. This team will get better but we certainly have some roster holes and deficiencies. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

With all that aside, Cousins isn't the reason we lost by any stretch of the imagination. The Packers scored 43 points. Rodgers had over 300 yards passing and 4 TDs. 
I understand and agree with you, but the offense didn't do the defense any favors after their first scoring drive. They lost the time of possession battle by a 3-1 margin since they couldn't sustain any drives, gave up a momentum changing safety after a great 4th down stop, and Cousins threw a costly pick with a horrible throw at the end of the half that absolutely destroyed this team's confidence. As much as the D was to blame for Rodgers' performance, the offense is equally to blame for their inability to exert any control over keeping Rodgers on the sideline and minimize his opportunities.