Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome back Riley Reiff!
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
We're a better team with him, so why am I not excited about keeping him? I think I'm ready to start the future.

What we've learned from this is that the Vikings are not at all afraid to put O'Neill on the left and this is likely going to happen next season. OR....do the Vikings put O'Neill there now, with Hill and Udoh competing on the right, and a lower-paid Reiff at left guard? 
This.

Feels like I'm the only one happy about this, which is actually funny because sometimes I feel like the only realist (some might say pessimist) on this board at times.
But I'm glad he's back!
The team offered him a deal that the team thought was fair, and he took it. Seems like a win-win to me. The downside of O'Neill not moving to LT is real I guess, but who's to say how he would have fared there anyways. Nothing is certain. At least with Reiff he's a known commodity and will hopefully be playing to show some other team he needs a nice new deal next year.

All it does is delay the upgrade that this oline needs.  Reiff is not the answer, never was.   Wish they'd go young, take their lumps and build for the future.

Not especially thrilled by the news that Reiff is remaining in purple. Anybody have the new numbers yet? Hope they got a real cap break.

I am in the camp that says it's time to move on, this OL has sucked for way to long. Time to let the youngsters show their stuff.

Yeah, and if Reiff was telling teammates goodbye yesterday but just changed his mind because his agent told him no one was interested in his salary, that's not exactly commitment. I know, it is no different than how team management is treating him, but let's not act like he will be some dedicated team leader.

Reiff is a good football player and great teammate. He’s the best we have since the Trent Williams deal fell through. Reminds me of teen or twenties dating. Dudes are always eyeing the hot one whi may be bad instead of the very good one you already have. 

EDIT STICKY YOU EFFER! 

Reiffs pay cut: down to $6 mio. (up to 8 depending on his playing time) from nearly $11 mio.

That's a pretty hefty cut, almost in half. But at least he's got a chance to get some of it back.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1301...01378?s=20

Quote: @"GermanVike" said:
Reiffs pay cut: down to $6 mio. (up to 8 depending on his playing time) from nearly $11 mio.

That's a pretty hefty cut, almost in half. But at least he's got a chance to get some of it back.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1301...01378?s=20
He was smart to take it. Too many veterans get all offended and refuse to acknowledge their age and declining performance no longer matches their salary. So they get released, uproot their families and go try to get up to speed on a new team with a totally different blocking scheme.  I'm fairly certain that Reiff got more out of this deal than he would've on the open market.