Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At first I thought this was the Dems...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I voted for Reagan back in the day, I considered myself a big patriot growing-up. Hell, wanted to be an airforce pilot till I learned I get nauseas taking a corner to sharp in a car lol!

Still do luv my country - it's just that my priorities have evolved over the decades..

I was an active member of the Republican party for years until the Tea Party influences ruined it for me. Anyone who called his wife mommy is alright in my book!  B)
I was a registered republican and voted for Reagan, too. I actually did go into the Military after one year of college football. Actually qualified for Navy Seal training, but chose not to.

Was a big patriot then, but I think an even bigger one now. Just a different kind of patriot. Then it was all about a strong defense, with no real sense behind it. Yeah! Guns! F-16s!

Later, I came to understand how awesome this country was because of it's constitution and bill of rights. The freedom we have to dissent, to protest. Hell, we can even burn a flag and not get put in a gulag. We are the country that supports freedom and democracy around the world. We don't start wars, but we finish them. Sorta. We don't torture people or make them "disappear."  Umm...obviously, all that has changed now.

One more thing, the Declaration of Independence might be the most brilliant thing ever written.