Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking's training camp starts today and I'm like...meh...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Right there with you, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  I was talking FF with the commish and the discussion went from excitement to odds on russian roulette.  This year, literately and figuratively sucks any thoughts of optimism out of any near future activities.  At least I have the kids around, to keep the F%#K off my lawn.
I hear you, my son and his gf live in Denver and its been too long since we've seen them. My mom is up in Michigan and she usually comes down for Mother's Day but we couldn't chance it because she has COPD and is 83 years old. This shit is starting to make me cranky....my wife and I usually travel for work but obviously haven't done that for a LONG time. Getting bughouse big time. 
I haven't seen my kid in LA since I went to visit end of February...I remember thinking at the time, its better to be lucky than good timing wise. Covid talk was heating-up big by then. 

They keep talking about missing the midwest and they always come home for a summer visit as they've grown accustomed to warmer weather...

LA looks to be shutting down now and I'm not sure I want them on a plane right now either. 

Add to that this is a marathon? And is going to be with us a while??? It's easy to get cranky and even sad.

Let's just hope we and our loved ones and friends stay well.

Just picked up my daughter, husband and grandson, in Chicago they flew in from Frankfort, will be here for a month.  Scary as hell for them coming over, the US is considered a hot spot, flew Lufthansa, 50% occupancy max, in reality less.  They had been booked on American but cancelled after the new 100% booking announcement.  We did a two week lock down prior and the two weeks after they arrive, they will have a mandatory test and two week quarantine when they return.  They are amazed at what they are seeing here, shock and awe.
That's a lot of hoops to jump through...Enjoy the visit!!!

Yeah he is my first grandchild, I was supposed to go over in May, this was not up to me, but am going to make the most of it.  Thanks

This whole year is just a blafk hole of despair no wonder suicides are through the roof.  I just hope football doesnt get cancelled totally because even though I feel Meh as well I am hopeful it will bring the endorphins and positivity back.

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
This whole year is just a blafk hole of despair no wonder suicides are through the roof.  I just hope football doesnt get cancelled totally because even though I feel Meh as well I am hopeful it will bring the endorphins and positivity back.
Hey, at least Taylor Swift is dropping a new album this evening!

[Image: TaylorSwiftTimIngham.jpg]

Same with my kids football.  Why bother with all the prep, the 2-a-days and all the work when we know the season is gonna be short if at all. 

And I am with PF, enough of the constant numbers just to gin up fear.  
Got family stuff to take care of, will use my "football" time to do better, more important things.  I loved the distraction, but time to move on.

@"PSBLAKE" said:

I once heard that each Swift album should be launched like a ship going to sea, with a bottle broken against her bow.

@"PSBLAKE" said:

[Image: TaylorSwiftTimIngham.jpg]

You joke but I'm listening to this now and digging it haha *shrug*

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I heard she worked with The National's Aaron Dessner, Bon Iver and Justin Vernon on this one, so might have to give it a spin.