Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking's training camp starts today and I'm like...meh...
Not even sure the NFL will get a season going this year. COVID has just sucked any excitement out this for me (and basically anything else). I see long time restaurants permanently shutting down around me. Parents with no idea what to do with their kids this Fall. The fucking media non-stop talking about COVID numbers, etc. And these ridiculous political ads that are so blatantly and mind numbingly disgusting with their attacks on any candidate. 

Sigh. Excuse the rant. I'd love nothing more than to be talking Viking's football 24/7

Right there with you, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  I was talking FF with the commish and the discussion went from excitement to odds on russian roulette.  This year, literately and figuratively sucks any thoughts of optimism out of any near future activities.  At least I have the kids around, to keep the F%#K off my lawn.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Right there with you, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  I was talking FF with the commish and the discussion went from excitement to odds on russian roulette.  This year, literately and figuratively sucks any thoughts of optimism out of any near future activities.  At least I have the kids around, to keep the F%#K off my lawn.
I hear you, my son and his gf live in Denver and its been too long since we've seen them. My mom is up in Michigan and she usually comes down for Mother's Day but we couldn't chance it because she has COPD and is 83 years old. This shit is starting to make me cranky....my wife and I usually travel for work but obviously haven't done that for a LONG time. Getting bughouse big time. 

They should just cancel the whole season right now. See what happens in the upcoming years.

I won't pay to watch some half-assed football games with no fans and constant virus updates, just to watch them cancel the rest of the "season" a quarter of the way through. 

Just cancel the whole fucking thing now.

Tough to get excited when you don't think it will last. When you wonder if there will be any clips or reports of players facing off. But there is one point of encouragement. If anyone can beat this it's the NFL, who seem to have set some sort of gold standard for Covid-readiness.  

59 NFL players tested positive BEFORE training camps even began. We'll see how many positives they're willing to tolerate before they shut the whole thing down. 

Yeah I am usually amped up for the time off and getting ready to take a boatload of pictures. It sucks not being able to go. Having a season would be nice but I am not expecting it, I am certainly not expecting them to complete it. 

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
They should just cancel the whole season right now. See what happens in the upcoming years.

I won't pay to watch some half-assed football games with no fans and constant virus updates, just to watch them cancel the rest of the "season" a quarter of the way through. 

Just cancel the whole fucking thing now.
I really think the NFL is going to watch how everything transpires with MLB. MLB is much different than the NBA because teams and players are traveling to different cities. If things go well in the first few weeks then the NFL may move forward with a season. Fingers crossed

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@BigAl99 said:
I hear you, my son and his gf live in Denver and its been too long since we've seen them. My mom is up in Michigan and she usually comes down for Mother's Day but we couldn't chance it because she has COPD and is 83 years old. This shit is starting to make me cranky....my wife and I usually travel for work but obviously haven't done that for a LONG time. Getting bughouse big time. 
Yah, that's tough @StickyBun...

I haven't seen my kid in LA since I went to visit end of February...I remember thinking at the time, its better to be lucky than good timing wise. Covid talk was heating-up big by then (except by the POTUS). 

My kid keeps talking about missing the midwest and always come home for a summer visit. Back home to see a tree, a lake, a loon, a blade of grass, a thunderstorm and of course the Labradors, friends etc...

LA looks to be shutting down now and I'm not sure I want them on a plane right now either. 

Add to that this is a marathon? And is going to be with us a while??? It's easy to get cranky and even sad.

Let's just hope we and our loved ones and friends stay well.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@BigAl99 said:
I haven't seen my kid in LA since I went to visit end of February...I remember thinking at the time, its better to be lucky than good timing wise. Covid talk was heating-up big by then. 

They keep talking about missing the midwest and they always come home for a summer visit as they've grown accustomed to warmer weather...

LA looks to be shutting down now and I'm not sure I want them on a plane right now either. 

Add to that this is a marathon? And is going to be with us a while??? It's easy to get cranky and even sad.

Just picked up my daughter, husband and grandson, in Chicago they flew in from Frankfort, will be here for a month.  Scary as hell for them coming over, the US is considered a hot spot, flew Lufthansa, 50% occupancy max, in reality less.  They had been booked on American but cancelled after the new 100% booking announcement.  We did a two week lock down prior and the two weeks after they arrive, they will have a mandatory test and two week quarantine when they return.  They are amazed at what they are seeing here, shock and awe.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@BigAl99 said:
I haven't seen my kid in LA since I went to visit end of February...I remember thinking at the time, its better to be lucky than good timing wise. Covid talk was heating-up big by then. 

They keep talking about missing the midwest and they always come home for a summer visit as they've grown accustomed to warmer weather...

Just picked up my daughter, husband and grandson, in Chicago they flew in from Frankfort, will be here for a month.  Scary as hell for them coming over, the US is considered a hot spot, flew Lufthansa, 50% occupancy max, in reality less.  They had been booked on American but cancelled after the new 100% booking announcement.  We did a two week lock down prior and the two weeks after they arrive, they will have a mandatory test and two week quarantine when they return.  They are amazed at what they are seeing here, shock and awe.
That's a lot of hoops to jump through...Enjoy the visit!!!