Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harris wants a long term deal, said he has 'tremendous will power'...
Harris, as much as I want Cook, he is fun to watch.  Harris can be a part of the team much longer, IF he can keep up the level of play. 

I would choose Harris. If we didn’t have Mattison on the team already my answer may be different. I love watching Cook play ball, but he’s at a tough position for injuries and he’s been prone. 
It looks to me like we are rolling with youngsters at the corners. Great safeties are ideal in such a situation if you ask me. Pay one or the other. Invest at safety and develop young reasonably priced youth at corner who are on their first contract. 
I’ve always viewed the defensive backfield as one expenditure. I want at least a couple of studs back there and I don’t necessarily care which position it’s at. What I know about Ant is the guy is a tackling ace who sticks in coverage and can diagnose underneath. 

There has to be some disagreement about his value between his agent and the Vikings.  If they could agree to a long term deal even at 4 year 44 mil they could structure it so at least half of that 11 mil tag amount frees up.

But they are not which makes me think they are playing a little hard ball.  Wait until other teams sign safeties and then if he does not agree to a reasonable deal just rescind the tag. That would free up 11 mil which they would have to scramble to use on at least two safeties (Vonn Bell, Damarious Randall, Tavon Wilson, & maybe Tony Jefferson).

It just seems short sighted with the current cap situation.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I would choose Harris. If we didn’t have Mattison on the team already my answer may be different. 
I'd choose Harris too, except I probably wouldn't even need Mattison either.

Looking at the 49ers overpaying Juszczyk and going on to kill it with 3 (generally thought to be) subpar backs and then how often we were using the FB, I can't help but wonder if CJ Ham would make things easier for even the Mike Boone types.

Thinking if a RB knows their assignments and can pick up blocks... that stuff's probably tougher for an NFL running back than churning yards on the ground behind CJ...

Looks like a stare-down.  'Willpower' meaning won't sign the tag, gimme a long term deal or trade me.  Vikes don't want to tie up that much at safety with Smith already in a big contract and they rightly or wrongly are probably planning to give the big $ to Cook.

Which leaves a trade but I gotta think they are asking for a 1st  and not finding any takers.  Rick will have to stick to his guns here.