Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leidner is a Viking...
Hopefully, he's just a camp body. If they want to give him a shot at TE, then fine, but based off of his play with the Gophers I don't want to see him play QB again.

Quote: @Kentis said:
Did they name his position?  Wink 
Waterboy. Lol. I kid. Another hometown guy makes the team.

We were all so drunk by the time Taylor played who knows what the hell happened to him

Quote: @Tyr said:
Hopefully, he's just a camp body. If they want to give him a shot at TE, then fine, but based off of his play with the Gophers I don't want to see him play QB again.
Based off of his play with the Gophers I'm not sure he was playing QB then.

For the sake of the WR's I hope they have someone on the sidelines to yell "INCOMING!!!" when Leidner throws so the intended target can relax and everyone else can get their hands up :p

Quote: @RS Express said:
@Tyr said:
Based off of his play with the Gophers I'm not sure he was playing QB then.

For the sake of the WR's I hope they have someone on the sidelines to yell "INCOMING!!!" when Leidner throws so the intended target can relax and everyone else can get their hands up :p
That's fair. He could run and he'd occasionally heave up a ball that would land somewhere near a receiver, but his accuracy and slow delivery time were brutal. There were so many games where the Gophers had no threat of a passing attack. I still laugh about when Todd McShay claimed he was a potential 1st round pick when everyone wanted him benched.

Crazy the guy was delivering food before being called up for a cup of coffee. Doesn't he have a degree to fall back on? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Crazy the guy was delivering food before being called up for a cup of coffee. Doesn't he have a degree to fall back on? 
You mean those $75000 pieces of paper that say you are qualified to work in a coffee shop?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
You mean those $75000 pieces of paper that say you are qualified to work in a coffee shop?
LOL, yep. But I'm guessing Leidner was on scholarship, so he probably doesn't have any student loan debt. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I would expect that it's difficult to find a job until he is fully divorced from the idea of playing in the NFL. I remember when I graduated from college, trying to get ANY non-career job was impossible because companies won't hire someone they think will bolt right away. Kudos to him for trying to do what he can to make ends meet.